[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Brian Greene the only tolerable "~le physics man who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: brian-greene.jpg (148KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
brian-greene.jpg
148KB, 1920x1080px
Is Brian Greene the only tolerable "~le physics man who appears on TV and TED talks and shit documentaries about Einstein and QM and speaks about how we're all made of stardust"? I can't stomach Neil deGrasse Tyson and Lawrence Krauss. Not even Michio Kaku.
>>
who?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8y5EXFMD4s

Stephen Hawking
>>
File: 10Dchess.jpg (281KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
10Dchess.jpg
281KB, 1920x1080px
>>8784205
>>
>>8784205
>Is Brian Greene the only tolerable
No.
I can't stand any of these shows.
The only tolerable videos are about mathematicians lecturing about actual mathematics.
>>
File: 10d.jpg (104KB, 960x925px) Image search: [Google]
10d.jpg
104KB, 960x925px
>no more Feynman and Pierre-Gilles de Gennes around to talk about shit that's at the same time accessible to laymen and interesting to scientists
kill me
>>
>>8785303
This. If you want properly communicates science for laymen, watch numberphile or sixty symbols
>>
>>8785016
back to short pants you go
>>
>>8785303
That's because you're beyond repair.
>>
Sean Carroll is probably the best, IMO.
>>
>>8785303
If you want ot learn about modern physics Leonard Susskind has a couple hundred hours of lectures: http://theoreticalminimum.com/courses
>>
>>8784205
What's wrong with Kaku and Tyson?
>>
>>8786898
They try too hard to sound cool for the normies
>>
>>8784205
>>8785303
My freshman science class was with Briane Green e (Columbia). The man is an accomplished scientist that is a joy to watch lecture. The class I was taking was for all students so it was very math-light, but when it came time to talk about general relativity, he gave lots of insight into how to think about the field and said everything very "technically" correctly i.e. not like a pop scientist but really like a man who knows his shit but is explaining it to his dinner guests. I gained a lot of respect for him and probably will be taking some classes with him later in my undergrad

t. physics major
>>
>>8785175
>>8787217
If you have another class with him, will you show him my 10D chess meme?
>>
>>8786898
Gosh, Kaku and Tyson are like, so mainstream, man. I like more underground scientists. Ones your little brain has never heard of, man. I hate when things I like become cool all of a sudden.. To me, that makes things become, like, uncool. You're such a brainlet.
>>
>>8787217
Frontiers of Science is a bullshit course
Brian Greene is famous for being an arrogant asshole here at Columbia.
What year are you?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.