[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you think people interpret math differently? Some people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: 1489018400959.png (108KB, 1200x1330px) Image search: [Google]
1489018400959.png
108KB, 1200x1330px
How do you think people interpret math differently? Some people get it, some people don't. Pic not related
>>
>>8777818
the people who don't get it aren't studying or trying hard enough
>>
>>8777849

No, they just don't have the brainpower. Don't shame people who can't do math, it's not their fault.
>>
This >>8777849
Not this >>8777860
>>
>>8777883
>HURR all humans are clones!

You dumb bastard.
>>
>>8777849
I think I don't get math when its quantifying something with no apparent earthly qualities. Like what are the numbers suppose to represent. I get derivatives because they represent change over time. I dont get differential equations at the moment though
>>
>>8777887
differential equations are about as earthly as you can get...
>>
>>8777886
>i don't put in enough effort to understand math so that means others can't either!!
you dumb bastard
>>
>>8777887
Define earthly
>>
>>8777818
People are generally bad at math because they don't like math. Because if they don't like math then they won't put much time into studying it. And if you don't study something, you can't be good at it.
>>
>>8777923
Umm relevant to life on earth. You know that planet we live on. Sometimes math just seems like cool number tricks. Im only studying differential equations to understand Huxley-hodgkins models for my transhuman desires
>>
>>8777892
>I can't even manage basic grammar!

You really are a fool.
>>
>>8777956
Differential equations are one of the most relevant fields to everyday life... the descriptions of all basic physical phenomena come from solving simple differential equations
>>
>>8777818
I don't think it's a math specific issue. I think it has more to do with thinking too linearly. My experience is that those who are good at math are good at making logical leaps and approaching problems from multiple viewpoints. That lets them break out of the formulaic way that (US) students are taught to do math.
>>
>>8777991
Example of said physical phenomena please
>>
>>8778021
Pretty much everything not quantum, and a good bit of quantum stuff.
>>
>>8778021
are you retarded brainlet? try using google

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Differential_equation#Applications
>>
>>8777849
Agree
>>
The ability to understand a subject is based on desire. Some want to learn math. Some don't want to learn math. Some are indifferent to learning math.
>>
>>8777860
>Muh brainpower

We all have the same "brainpower" (if that means anything) you moron, is just that we use our thinking energy in a different way for different problems, someone good at math is because the way his neurons are connected (topology?) its more efficient to math, and so on
>>
>>8778027
You know, maybe I just wanted to socialize and wanted your opinion. If your a loser IRL, your ugly personality could be the cause.
>>
>>8778092
LOL that reminds me of when my friend said he was more spiritual than me because I associated the brain with the self. Philosophy majors amiright
>>
>>8777860
I've seen incredibly dumb people who could solve difficult math problems.
>>
>>8778117
Give me a single paper that proves some people have considerably more activity in the brain than others

If "brainpower" proves intelligence then mensa-tier people would have many times more speed in the brain than a brainlet, but I'm pretty sure if you put both in a MRI theres no important differences and therefore brains dont work like engines.
>>
>>8778147
Maybe they weren't dumb after all. They just played it or had their skills concentrated at one point.
>>
>>8778154
Do not be offended. My point was that my friend thought he was more spirtual than me which I thought was a ludicrous statement because Saying your more spirtual is like saying you have more brain power.. Whatever spiritual even means frankly the term doesn't really describe anything real.
>>
>>8777860

Its bullshit. Math is the easiest thing to understand. Its intentionally designed to be easy to understand. If you can understand high abstract concepts like communication, interaction with the internet, music and reading, you can understand maths. The problem is, a lot of math is abstract and just doesn't offer any tangable reward or use for early learners. Most people can get through life without learning algebra, so there's no incentive to learn.
>>
>>8778147

No you haven't.
>>
>>8777818
In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.