[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I have a function f(a,b) -> k and another function g(c,d)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

If I have a function f(a,b) -> k and another function g(c,d) -> k

and k is equal to N and a,b,c,d are elements of N (so that for each tuple (a,b) and (c,d) there is a k in N)

Does always a function p(x) and u(x) exist so that p(a)=c and u(b)=d ?
>>
>k is equal to N
>there is a k in N
I don't know what you're trying to say but [math]k = N [/math] and [math]k \in N [/math] can't both be true. There is a theorem that says that a set never contains itself as an element.
>>
>>8768918
You mean is there a function from N to N? Yes...
>>
the two functions have the same output for every k in N, so they must be the same function. hence, a = c and b = d, and the functions p(a) = x and u(b) = y give p(a) = a = c and u(b) = b = d.
QED
>>
>>8768927
ok then pls help me to express it correctly

I want to say that k is every number in N and every number exactly only once. F.e. f(1,1) = 3 and f(5,2)=3 can not happen because f would have two tuples ((1,1) and (5,2)) pointing to the same element in N (3).
>>
>>8768983
no they are not
example: f(x,y) = (2x+1)2^y and g(x,y) =1/6 (-3 + (1/2 (6 *y - (-1)^y + 3)) * 3^(2*x+1))

They both generate N but with different x's and y's
>>
>>8768985
You mean that [math]f[/math] is a bijection from [math]\mathbb{N}^2 [/math] to [math]\mathbb{N} [/math]?
>>
>>8768996
Yes, thanks
>>
>>8768996
So you're asking for f(a,b) = g(c,d) if there is p(a)=c and u(b)=d ?
>>
>>8769018
Yes
>>
>>8769038
Of course not. Consider f(1,1) = 1 = g(1,1) and f(1,2) = 2 = f(2,1). Therefore p(1) = 1,2 and cannot be a function.
>>
>>8769075
Sorry, that should be

f(1,2) = 2 = g(2,1)
>>
>>8769075
>>8769078
Okay, I see. Thanks.

Is there always a p(a,b)=c and u(a,b)=d ?

Or a t(c,d)=a and h(c,d)=b ?
>>
>>8768990
>>8768990
you're not going to solve the collatz problem

stop making gibberish threads when you can barely formula a sentence that makes any sort of mathematical sense
>>
>>8769116
Yes just take
(p(a,b),u(a,b)) = g^(-1)(f(a,b))
and
(t(c,d),h(c,d)) = f^(-1)(g(c,d))
>>
>>8769256
thanks man nice

>>8769194
im a programmer, I dont know the mathematical language well enough to express everything nicely so stop being a dick. Also relax, no one is going to solve anything.
>>
Is the quote true, /sci/?
>>
>>8769194
>formula a sentence
>>
>>8769807
No one reads papers from the 19th century anymore
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.