[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which cup fills fastest? All containers have equal initial height

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 420blaiseit.gif (261KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
420blaiseit.gif
261KB, 1200x630px
Which cup fills fastest?

All containers have equal initial height of water and volume of water.
>>
all of them
>>
>>8766504
c
>>
>>8766522
Just the bottom ones.
>>
>>8766528
>c
This. The pressure (and therefore flow rate) will start equal in all of them, but drops off faster in the other two.
>>
>>8766504
>All containers have equal initial height of water and volume of water.
>different shapes
>filled with water
>equal volume
>AND height
whooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>8766559
That's a good remark, but you're still a brainlet

>>8766542
this
>>
>>8766559
That's a strange way to claim that [math] f \rightarrow \int_a^b f(t) dt [/math] is injective
>>
>>8766542
>>8766571
The pressure is exactly the same for each. If you exclude friction and minor losses, then the flow rates are exactly the same too.

However, you could maaaybe consider option C a slightly more efficient orifice that would have less minor losses than the others.
>>
File: asdasdasd.png (10KB, 1134x463px) Image search: [Google]
asdasdasd.png
10KB, 1134x463px
>>8766559
You're fucking retarded. Here I picked numbers for you, stupid.

All 3 different shapes have equal height and equal volume. If you're not sure consult a 7 year old.
>>
>>8766583
Initial flow rate is equal, but C has highest surface area up top so it changes height less for an equal change in volume. So C will lose flow rate more slowly.
>>
>>8766559
The containers continue towards you, towards the camera, but different depths.
>>
>>8766588
Ah, I guess you're right. It will have the majority of its volume gone by the time the pressure and flow goes down.
>>
>>8766504

If I remember what my main man Bernoulli rapped about I'd say it's C.
>>
>>8766504
none, this is a looped gif that never results in filled cups.
>>
>>8766504
Assuming that discharge velocity only depends on head, the answer is [math]C[/math]
>>
There all the same, brainlets
>>
>>8766504
Can I have one cup of C[/spoiler]um[/spoiler] please
>>
none

this is a looping animation in which no cup gets filled
>>
They're all the same. Lel at brainlets not even knowing the definition of hydrostatic pressure.
>>
>>8766901
Stop and think for a moment and realize why you are the brainlet.
>>
>>8766504
c, it gets faster as it gets lower
>>
>>8766504
C, because nozzles
>>
>>8766504
its obviously c, you don't need to be a ChemE or physicist to figure that out
>>
>>8766504
C "seems" correct, because most here have said so. If a choice between brutal death and choosing, I'd go for C.
However, there have been many days in my life--likely all of them--when something "seemed" a "good idea at the time." I probably have a lot more years of stupid in than most of you; and I've heard and seen a lot more stupid too.
>>
>>8766504
C, think of the pressure vs volume left relation which relates directly to flow rate vs volume left.
>>
>>8767011
>>8767003
>>8766901
>>8767313
>>8766583
>>8766522

WRONG
>>
>>8767456
WRONG
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.