[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When I drink I feel mild intoxication within seconds of the alcohol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: index.jpg (13KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
13KB, 274x184px
When I drink I feel mild intoxication within seconds of the alcohol touching my lips. My initial explanation was the placebo effect, but it seems so convincing even with that awareness in mind. Is some alcohol absorbed sublingually, affecting the brain almost immediately after consumption?
>>
>>8763813
placebo effect still works when you are aware of it
>>
>>8763819
So my brain associates the unique taste of alcohol with a certain feeling and immediately simulates that feeling?
>>
ethanol a shit
>>
>>8763813
I'm guessing that alcohol combines with saliva, part of it evaporates, the alcohol vapor floats to the sinus and you feel it in your head

I think that's why I start to get a slight headache the moment I drink something strong
>>
>>8763813
You are drinking booze made from the fruits and grains of plants that are going backwards in time. Next time you plan to drink, notice that you are getting the hangover the day before as well.
>>
>>8763976
Like this guy
>>8763953
>>
I've seen an alcoholic on the street stop shaking after one sip of malt liquor; it was instant.

It's a placebo, cucks.
>>
alcohol does not need to be digested for your body to absorb it, around 20% is absorbed almost immediately by the stomach, itll be within seconds if you havent eaten.

so all you fags saying 'hurrdurr placebo' are ignorant of basic biology.
>>
you're ignoring the part of ethanol particles that is dissolved in the air above the surface of your drink in accordance with vapor pressure equilibrium (it's not a closed system but it's valid i think)

you inhale it, you absorb it, you get rekt
you just have low tolerance op
>>
Did you have any cuts on your gums or eat any food that may have led to cuts? That speeds things up considerably, especially if you already have a low tolerance.
>>
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2634499.stm
>Researchers at Victoria University in New Zealand tricked 148 students into believing they were drinking vodka to study the so-called placebo effect.
>The undergraduates were given drinks in a room set up like a pub with bartenders, vodka bottles and glasses.
>Half were told they were drinking vodka and half tonic water. In reality, they were all given plain water with limes.
>The researchers found those who thought they were drinking vodka had poorer memory powers than those who knew they were sober. They were also more suggestible and less reliable as eye witnesses.
>>
>>8764143
that would be awesome
i could get smashed every night but not have a hangover in the morning
>>
>>8764233
Get some non alcoholic beer and alcoholic beer, scratch the labels off and pull them randomly out of a bag.
>>
>>8763813
You're a total light weight
>>
>>8764307

/thread
>>
can confirm, i experience the same when bringing a joint to my lips and a glass of any spirit too, what could this feeling be caused by?

btw not a lightweight, occasional drinker and can tolerate a fair amount
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.