[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many more years until I sign up to leave this planet? Also

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

How many more years until I sign up to leave this planet?
Also what would be useful study field/profession to increase my chances?
>>
>>8763746
You can sign up now. Whether or not that will ever lead to you actually leaving is open to debate.

http://www.mars-one.com/
>>
>>8763746
>leave this planet

We will extinct in a century

Deal with it bro
>>
>>8764002
Wish it was this century. Would be fun to watch before I expire.
>>
File: Pf07.jpg (47KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
Pf07.jpg
47KB, 403x392px
>>8763746

I fucking hate the idea of space colonization.

If the person is too stupid to fix earths problems, then they'll only be spreading it off earth.
If they're smart enough, they should stay and fix it.
>>
>>8764287
Resoundingly THIS
>>
>>8764287
Found the brainlet.

If none of the pioneers in a country, continent or celestial body are from different backgrounds and ways of life, nothing new will occur. This is not a defense of "multiculturalism(R)(TM)", this is a basic fact of societal development.

It is also grossly ignorant of scale, and amazingly naive of market theories only taught proforma in schools. All the bright and hopeful are NOT hand picked by just the right institution, organization or corporation to work with what they do best. They are NOT presented with or for the most part have easy access to a list of the same they could potentially use to further life in their realm.

Most of them are stuck in the same grind as the rest after a while. Some have the luck to break free and work within their vocation, others have the wherewithall to remove themselves from the lot by finding a simple yet fulfilling kind of employment.

TL;DR: You're an idiot, life isn't fucking fair, if we don't go multiplanetary there will be nothing left to fix.
>>
>>8764299
>If none of the pioneers in a country, continent or celestial body are from different backgrounds and ways of life, nothing new will occur. This is not a defense of "multiculturalism(R)(TM)
How would that be a defense of multiculturalism? It sounds like an attack on it instead.
>>
>>8764305
If "let everything stagnate and rot from within" is the goal, then yes indeed.
>>
>>8764287
If everyone with an IQ over 120 or even 100 fucked off to another planet, Earth wouldn't have any more problems
>>
>>8763746

>Also what would be useful study field/profession to increase my chances?

Military test pilot.
>>
>>8764326
>hello 1960

>>8763746
In all seriousness, they select from the creme de la creme of educated/trained professionals because the demand is low. Once the demand outstrips supply, "regular people" will be admitted. Of course, this means being one of the best at whatever you do, but I'm sure any STEM-field, at least many disciplines in biology, engineering, agriculture and structural design will give you a head start.

It's also brainletism to think there is no need for humanities in space. But hardly as useful with comparative gender linguistics as with anthropology or a career of diplomatics.
>>
I see you listened to Neil Degrasse Tyson on Joe Rogan's podcast.
>>
>>8764373
kek
>>
>>8764299
I don't see why fixing the problems we have has any bearing on whether we go into space or not. A flawed humanity in space still has infinitely better odds of survival than a flawed humanity confined to just one planet. Not to mention that most of these "flaws" are really just game theory.
>>
>>8764386
I concur.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.