[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Nutrition a meme? There are loads of people who claim to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: eating.jpg (9KB, 238x160px) Image search: [Google]
eating.jpg
9KB, 238x160px
Is Nutrition a meme? There are loads of people who claim to be experts at nutrition.

As a brainlet, how do I know who to take seriously?
>>
>>8763054
>Is Nutrition a meme?

Yes, it literally doesn't matter what you eat.Pure sugar? That's fine. Human shit? That's fine. So-called "nutritional science" is just a Jewish scam to keep the white man down, good thing you're too smart to have fallen for it!
>>
>>8763067
>Pure sugar? That's fine.

That doesn't sound right. Your body needs vitamins, proteins, etc.
>>
>>8763054
There's hardly any data or rigorous experiments, so it's very political and interpretive. Definitely soft science borderline non-science. Heavy industry involvement and people's emotional investment into their food choices doesn't help either.
>>
>>8763054
Nutrition is mostly a meme and people put way too much effort/emphasis into it. Eating a balanced diet of vegetables, nuts, grains, fruits and maybe some fish, mostly crustaceans, while jogging 30 minutes every day at 80% your max heart rate will make you healthier than 99% of the entire human population after one month. I genuinely guarantee it. Just eat nutritious foods and practice aerobic exercise daily and you won't have to be some retard eating acai berry jizz and other dumb marketing bullshit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EatCheapAndHealthy/

t. toxicologist
>>
>>8763054
chemist in thread. you have to uptake all the essential substances. You need sugars/fats for energy and growth. You need vitamins (coenzymes) for your metabolism. You need proteins and a bunch of micronutrients (or whatever the fuck its called).
>>
>>8763087

> jogging
> 30 minutes
> 80% your max heart rate
> t. toxicologist

Fucking lab monkeys. Read about aerobic threshold and anaerobic sting.
t. /fit/
>>
>>8763054
>As a brainlet, how do I know who to take seriously?
How about the FDA for starters? Learn conventional nutrition first. Learn the major macronutrients and micronutrients. Try rationing out a meal plan which matches the FDA's reference daily intake, then try modifying it for your personal needs (i.e. adjust for body mass and level/type of activity). After you have the basics down you should be better-prepared to decide for yourself what diets and foods are memes and which hold some actual merit.
>>
>>8763078
You have ascended
>>
>>8763087
>Nutrition is mostly a meme
>Just eat nutritious foods

Which is it, idiot?
>>
>>8763126
>Try rationing out a meal plan which matches the FDA's reference daily intake

But then that means you can't eat anything that tastes good.
>>
>>8763212
>that tastes good
you're pleb

drop the sugar for just a week

the results WILL SHOCK YOU!
>>
>>8763227
I meant chicken and beef. Sugar is disgusting.
>>
>>8763231
chicken and beef being bad for you is obviously a huge meme (ideally speaking; disregarding insane unhealthy (and immoral) practices in the actual meat industry today)

I don't know what other meat you'd be expected to eat on a regular basis if not chicken and beef.
>>
>>8763248
Pork? Unless that's not hara.. excuse me, not kosher
>>
File: 12.3.jpg (60KB, 615x769px) Image search: [Google]
12.3.jpg
60KB, 615x769px
>>8763054
You got it op! Your body runs on magic! Using special power the body conjures up exactly what it needs out of thin air. As we all know matter is neither created or destroyed EXCEPT when the body uses it's uretord magic.

For the best website check:
https://authoritynutrition.com/foods/
>>
>>8763054
The human metabolism is incredibly complex anon.

It's also impossible to test. You can't to do a large scale study on humans while strictly controlling their diets.

Physics however is easier. If you get calories in - calories out correct you're good for the most part.
>>
>>8763259
but pork most certainly isn't good for you as something to be eaten regularly

you're being way too skeptic and nitpicky about this desu, it's OK to let yourself rely a little more on common sense. Nobody knows shit about nutrition. It's just an enlightened discussion about whether food A is better than food B. You're still expected to actually pick one at the end of the day
>>
>>8763054
nutrition in itself is not a meme, obviously. Monitor your body and get precisely what you need to be at a perfect level of health, that's not a meme.

What is a meme is any kind of nutritional field or any recommendations, it's marketing. Even things that are like 99% less sugar aren't "healthy" per se. For starters they'll most likely have sweetening alternatives that aren't very good for you. Secondly if you actually need that sugar then you're depriving yourself and fucking your body.
>>
>>8763067

Found the sarcastic nutritionist.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.