[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm gonna memorize my way to medical school. Will everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6036.jpg (93KB, 400x611px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6036.jpg
93KB, 400x611px
I'm gonna memorize my way to medical school. Will everything be alright in the end?
>>
>>8757584
>Mom look! I read the recent threads on how medicine is just memorization!
>>
>>8757590
>Mom watch! I'm going to try posting bait!

should have made a thread about ct scanners.
>>
>>8757584
Yep. Absolutely no base logical framework or capacity to reason is needed. You can just be an index and do just fine.

Most physicians are braindead trash anyway, sarcasm aside. You'd fit right in.
>>
>>8757595
you shouldn't be making threads at all for 2 reasons

1: you're wasting time you could use studying

2: you are reinforcing this vice, you should be trying to gain an interest in medicine instead of memes or you will be bored to death

now hop to it, champ
>>
>>8757599
t. computer science freshman
>>
>>8757611
t. Debt ridden physician
Kinda ironic how the most supposed humanitarian profession requires you to sell your soul for money.
>>
>>8757706
Undergrad here, incredibly interested, passionate, and fairly good at understanding biochemistry, at the absolute most pants-on-head retarded school when it comes to medicine.

I already hate life, and dealing with the premed shitters around me when all I want to do is learn how entropy builds life in a comfy manner. What do I have to look forward to if I go deeper into biochem/any kind of premed-type route?
>>
>>8757714
You can look forward to everything being easier after you take orgo. Most classes after that weedout are not very hard. You can focus on building a repertoire that will help you get into med school or a good grad school (which I recommend over med school because lets face it if you become a doctor you're gonna spend all day talking to brainlets.)
>>
>>8757706
All that only holds true in America where the terms of a pseudo-free market have been dictated by HMOs insurance and pharma for the last 50 years.

It's a much nobler profession everywhere else
>>
>>8758111
Why do Americans think that everything is better in other countries? Yes, the USA is utterly shit, but here in Germany 'Medical School' is the same, only memorizing things.
>>
>>8757584
yeah that's what med students do
>>
>>8757590
Is there anything on medicine (I mean the degree not the practice) that isn't memorization? Honest question. I want to know whether doctors are just smart because they got in or they also need to be smart to get through medical school.
>>
>>8758183
They are just smart because they got in. Medical school is just a grindfest. There's not much thinking involved, at least not as much as that in Maths and Physics where arithmatic manipulations are immense.
>>
You'll have to see patients and apply your knowledge on an effective and coherent manner you know?
>>
>>8758131

Because they're under the illusion that America is in decline despite the fact that even with the not so great economy and political situation going on right now we're still better quality of life wise than 95% of the world.

Most Americans fail to realize how much bullshit we have avoided by simply having water surrounding us on both sides.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.