[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One professor in my Uni doesn't believe in Black Holes.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: BlackHole.gif (3MB, 290x232px) Image search: [Google]
BlackHole.gif
3MB, 290x232px
One professor in my Uni doesn't believe in Black Holes. Why should I?
>>
I don't know.
That's a very neat gif tho, thanks.
>>
>>8756556
Look at me, now look at your ass, now back to me, what colour is that hole? A black colour, now look at it again now back to me, now back to me, how would you describe a hole that is black? Is your answer black hole? Good now look at your ass, now back to me, now back to your ass, do you believe in black holes now? Good. My work here is done. I will be in my lab now....
>>
File: alien.webm (629KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
alien.webm
629KB, 720x404px
You shouldn't. Being a physical realist is stupid.

The fact that mass is a useful notion for humans to talk and calculate shit about the world around is doesn't mean mass "exists".
Fundamentally you have theories for smaller and smaller things, and some good approaches involve some field theories governed by some relatively simple dynamics equations with a few parameters and all the abstractions like mass are just summed up quantities, order parameters that have no bearing beyond the linguistic one. Same for black holes.
>>
One professor doesn't believe in global warming

One professor doesn't believe in evolution

One guy doesn't believe our eyes are real
>>
>>8756606
Actually another professor in the same Uni doesn't believe in Global Warming. I bet he posts here.
>>
>>8756598
It isn't really that neat at all, everybody loses their mind because its gravitational in nature, but if it was electric you'd call it a lens and wouldn't give a rats ass.
>>
>>8756630
Gravitomancers will be a thing in your lifetime.
They will relable their name to something shitty like Gravity Engineers.

Fml senpai.
>>
>>8756556

>Black Holes

Wow, language. You mean African American holes, of course.
>>
>>8756604
this, THIS! You are the first one I see on /sci that shares this point of view, the first one that knows the onthology of science. Thabk you, you made my day.
>>
>>8756604
>doesnt mean mass exists

>he can't mathematically proove that math exists
>>
>>8756556
They don't actually. The event horizon is not actually part of the black hole, just a visual consequence of its gravity. All the light is pulled toward the actual object itself, the singularity. Since all the light is there, it's actually infinitly bright and not black at all
>>
File: shots_fired.jpg (179KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
shots_fired.jpg
179KB, 770x433px
>>8756625
>>
>>8756556
>doesn't believe
Isn't science.
>>
>>8756604
Mass doesn't exist
/x/>>>>
>>
>>8756556
He's an idiot then. They have been observed pretty much directly.
>>
They were predicted by mathematics; subsequently their effects on light and matter have allegedly been observed. Your question should be accompanied by an explanation or concept that justifies your abandonment of the consensus. Why shouldn't we believe?
>>
>>8757341
basketball holes
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.