[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why tf can't I pay a company to clone me and then harvest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Why tf can't I pay a company to clone me and then harvest the healthy organs in my eventual old age for autotransplantation?
>>
Because that clone has this thing called human rights.
>>
Because you're not a billionaire. I have no doubt that with enough money, this would be technically feasible. You'd have to do it in secret and in the third world, but you COULD do it.
>>
>>8755956
A removed kidney doesn't have human rights. Why should a cloned kidney be any different?

This is assuming we're cloning the organs in isolation and not a whole human
>>
>>8755956
>rights
Spooked
>>8755958
I don't think the third world has the resources for human somatic cell nuclear transfer
>>
>>8755971
>I don't think the third world has the resources for human somatic cell nuclear transfer
Well, you're wrong. In vitro fertilization clinics exist in the third world. There are still rich elites in the third world. Try to think, imbecile.
>>
>>8755981
I don't doubt they have IVF equipment but SCNT probably requires more specialized equipment
>>
We don't actually have the technology to create perfect genetic clones yet. If you take DNA from somebody, it will be genetically old and thus the clone will have health problems stemming from its degraded genes.

If we could create perfect clones, then it would be much easier to get consistent results from animal studies.
>>
>>8756145
This is why there is the suggestion for everyone to have their umbilical cord stem cells harvested and frozen at birth. At some point in the future the technology will be available to fix all sorts of nasties.
>>
File: 1486360491326.jpg (81KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1486360491326.jpg
81KB, 1000x800px
I watched a movie about this - "the Island"
I don't remember if it was good or not, but at least it had Johansson in it
>>
My guess is that there is a big difference between cloning and duplication. You already exist, so creating a new you by cloning would never result in a usable copy of you. The biological structure of a human is to complex to realize that. It develops over a big scale of time with a relative random blueprint.
However, in theory duplication is more easy if you start each specimen at the same time, or make sure the development of the complete body is under the SAME conditions. The total amount of duplications can be endless.
>>
>>8756369
Never Let Me Go was a better kino than The Island.
>>
>>8755985
If you're a billionaire cooperating with top dog black market surgeons for such a specialized project, why not source equipment elsewhere and import it to your clinic? I don't see the problem. The jews have never been against making money and are ahead of their field in genetics, buy machines and tools from Israel.
>>
>>8755948
Why not just grow the organs you need?
>>
>>8755948
It is way easier to do what people like David Rockefeller do and just buy organs. He's 101 and on his seventh heart.
>>
>>8755948
>Why tf can't I pay a company to clone me and then harvest the healthy organs in my eventual old age for autotransplantation?

Thats not even how clones work.
>>
Because this book explains why it's messed up on every conceivable level.
>>
>>8758059
That's actually less ethical as you're taking the organs from a real human bean, not a clone
>>
>>8758814
It's also not true.
>>
>>8758444
>implying the organs wouldn't just be vat grown
???

What did you mean by this?

>also I loved that book as a kid
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.