[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't you put submarines in underground acquifiers and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

Why can't you put submarines in underground acquifiers and explore them? Why can't people dive in them? Why can't I find any images of them?

There is far more groundwater in the world than above ground freshwater. Many civilisations rely on wells to give them all their water needs. So why can't you go underground and actually swim in the source of this water? It would likely be pitch black of course, but that would be rectified using lights.
>>
>>8755183
Go back to school, or use google, or use brains.
>>
File: Pore_Space.jpg (28KB, 363x277px) Image search: [Google]
Pore_Space.jpg
28KB, 363x277px
I'm studying Earth science and the truth of the matter is we can. But they've got to be really really really really tiny. Really tiny.

I would say that the most common rock for an aquifer is sandstone. Between the grains of sand are spaces which can be infiltrated with water. If the pore spaces between mineral grains are too cemented together water can't infiltrate. We call that rock high porosity, low permeability. There are of course other aquifers than simply ones with highly porous mineral grains. Rock can have cracks which water can seep into which can create an aquifer that way.

If you want to 'dive' into something underground containing water we would no longer call that an aquifer. We call that an underground river and those do exist but by definition they are no longer aquifers.
>>
>>8755347
wat is biggest underground lake
>>
>>8755356
like 3 big
>>
>>8755356
underground yourmom. everyone would fit in.
>>
>>8755183
Because it's wet sand
>>
>>8755183
I hope you don't seriously believe that there's a layer of earth on top of an enormous lake.
I'm not sure if I should be angry at you for being dumb, or angry at the publishers of that textbook for being misleading.
>>
File: 713062081708604081.png (213KB, 800x387px) Image search: [Google]
713062081708604081.png
213KB, 800x387px
>be 5yo
>learn about underground lakes
>think they are real lakes with fish and boats and shit until I'm like 6yo
>>
File: underwater cave.jpg (257KB, 1024x826px) Image search: [Google]
underwater cave.jpg
257KB, 1024x826px
People don't explore underwater rivers because they're a fucking deathtrap. It's so easy to get stuck or lost and then you're fucking dead, especially with the risk of rapids and vortexes and other weird water flows inside the river/cave. Usually they're too small for a vehicle to get into, too.

And that's just referring the the extremely large underwater rivers that a human could fit into. Most are just tiny cracks between grains of sand
>>
>>8756280
>People don't explore underwater rivers because they're a fucking deathtrap.
They certainly do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtlwoX1YEmg
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.