[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypothetical question for a story of mine. Let's say in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Hypothetical question for a story of mine.

Let's say in the future we can use gravitational technology. During high G maneuvers in space, would an opposite gravitational force opposite to direction of G force help the crew through the effects?

Pic unrelated.
>>
With artificial gravity would passengers even feel the effects of inertia?
>>
>>8754910
Wouldn't they?
>>
>>8754897

No, if you "pulled" in the other direction with "artificial gravity" then you would simply tear your crew in half. "Antigravity" won't work either, because gravity is only positive. Best solution: Put your crew into robot bodies BEFORE you send them into space.
>>
>>8754910
yes, if you were standing on a moving truck and it suddenly braked you would still go flying over the front even though gravity is pulling you down
>>
>>8754927
Why tho?

Think about it, under G atoms in your body want to go somewhere you don't want them to go so there is another force opposite direction to the G to mitigate the effect.

Seems kinda plausible to me.
>>
>>8754897
>high G maneuvers in space
Like what? You generally don't need very extreme accelerations once you're up and going. High-G maneuvers during aerocapture or reentry are a lot more significant of a prospect.

>During high G maneuvers in space, would an opposite gravitational force opposite to direction of G force help the crew through the effects?
Buoyancy is good enough for that. Even better if you can fill lungs and internal sinuses with a dense breathable fluid.
http://www.airspacemag.com/history-of-flight/the-g-machine-16799374/?page=2
>“I think it started when somebody spun a fish and didn’t notice anything irregular about the fish because of the high Gs,” says Stephen Cloak, a Navy research engineer and veteran centrifuge jockey. “So they postulated that if we put a human encased in water, it would dissipate the G forces and they could take high G.” The Maiden was an aluminum capsule designed by Gray, sculpted roughly in the shape of a seated human, that could be filled with water. Gray stayed alert throughout the 25-second run up to 32 Gs, suffering only mild sinus pain.
>>
>>8754936

If you could somehow make it so that every cell in your body felt the exact counterforce to g, then maybe. But you can't, and even a small variance will result in tidal forces tearing your crew to pieces.
>>
Why would you wonder the specifics about some hypothetical future tech that has no known physical way of even working...

Physics being physics, something like this is going to take a lot of power to operate, at the same time the drive is operating which ALSO will take massive amounts of power

By this time we'll all be computers anyways
>>
>>8754931
Just adjust gravity so it counters the pull from the brakes.
>>
>>8754936
I guess go watch a video about how they make taffy? It's kind of like that.
>>
>>8754897
Reminds me of the manga "Knights of Sidonia".
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.