[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what is /sci/'s opinion on the whole Fibromyalgia Isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: fibro.jpg (212KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
fibro.jpg
212KB, 720x720px
So what is /sci/'s opinion on the whole Fibromyalgia Isn't Real movement? To be honest, it makes a lot of sense to me and the fact that women are diagnosed more than men at some absurd ratio (I think 9 to 1) pretty much seals the deal as far as I am concerned.
>>
The vast majority of breast cancer patients are also women, is that not a real condition either?
>>
>>8753954
Nice liberal reasoning. Breast cancer is a tangible ailment with observable causes. The argument Fibromyalgia deniers are making is that the diagnosis has basically termed into a blanket buzzword designed to placate irrational oversensitive liberal women who freak out over every little pain and discomfort which is just a normal part of being human.
>>
File: IMG_0551.jpg (72KB, 552x612px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0551.jpg
72KB, 552x612px
>>8753971
What the fuck did I just read
>>
>>8753971
kek what
>>
>>8753971
You mean like how autism is a blanket term for socially inept retards whose parents didn't beat them hard enough?
>>
>>8753942
Let me hazard a guess OP, you aren't a doctor.

Oh, and, poor quality bait.
>>
>>8754028
>you have to be a politician to discuss politics
>>
>>8753971
You can cry about them being oversensitive, but that doesn't make the symptoms go away.
Personally, I find the idea that all these people
are just lying about their health to trigger you more absurd than that there is actually something cause their illness.
Then again, most of these ailments are probably just brought on by stress and exhaustion.

I had similar 'vague symptoms' at the end of my PhD. And let me tell you, you will start to worry when you can't sleep, can't poop and your joints feel like they are being broken with pins. But as a man you keep going until you collapse, instead of going to see a doctor.
>>
>>8753942
From what I understand fibromyalgia is basically a disease of civilisation - ie. caused by bad food, lack of exercise, etc.

Our environment matters to our health. Understanding how will help us change our environment to better suit us.
>>
>>8753942
It's completely ridiculous. Alzheimer's, depression, osteoarthritis, graves disease and many other autoimmune diseases affect women in much higher frequencies, are you going to argue they are not real either?

And many disorders also do not have pre set diagnosing requirements and are diagnostics of exclusion due to their nature including concussions, Alzheimer's, bell's palsy, irratible bowel syndrome and most psychiatric disorders.

These are purely arguments those ignorant in the relm of medicine can make. I have shadowed a pain clinic and seen many women who use to be happy and healthy completely destroyed by these disorders and now on many kinds of pain medications and psychological meds just for trying to cope with having to deal with the fact that for the rest of the days of their lives, they will be in consistent, debilitating pain.

You know what many of them still do? They try to wean off medications. They try to ignore the symptoms. I have seen plenty of people simply playing up a disease for attention, usually during night shift at the emergency room. But these patients with this disorder, are not one of them.
>>
>>8753971
It isn't normal to always be in pain. Pain hurts just so that you know that something ISN'T normal.
>>
>>8754046
>Shitty analogy
>>
Does any qualified person really believe that fibromyalgia is anything but a psychological conversion symptom?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.