[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dude just destroyed hyperloop pseudoscience! https://www.y

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

Dude just destroyed hyperloop pseudoscience!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z48pSwiDLIM
>>
Just? He's destroyed it for probably a year now lol
>>
>>8742413
This

I think maybe more than a year at this point

Is space x just some of publicity stunt to get advertising money or something?
>>
>>8742407
We have tech that can withstand 1,000atm at the bottom of the Mariana Trench. I'm sure 1atm wouldn't be a problem and isn't for tanks designed for it, which there are. Also, the tank he shows is designed to hold pressure, not keep pressure out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N17tEW_WEU
>>
it probably wasn't strong enough to resist the pressure, that's kindof not relevant to the argument
>>
>>8742927
He also discussed that, if you watch the video, which you didn't, because you think you know better than everyone.
>>
File: Worlds Largest Vacuum Chamber.jpg (616KB, 2697x1794px) Image search: [Google]
Worlds Largest Vacuum Chamber.jpg
616KB, 2697x1794px
>>8742937
I don't need to watch the rest. All of his points are easily shot down due to tech we already have.

The only problem with the Hyperloop is that there are already established methods of fast transit that already work and are already in decades of use.
>>
>>8742407
>thunderf00t
into the trash it goes.
>>
File: garl_tsagan.png (66KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
garl_tsagan.png
66KB, 251x251px
>>8742982
Go on then, shoot them down.

>Extraordinary claims...
>>
My only comment on this is that Thunderf00t is taking a big risk in terms of his credibility if people actually build hyperloops and they work.

A well built steel tube can easily deal with one atmosphere of compression pressure. Underwater ones deal with much higher pressure gradients just fine. And as long as the pylons of the system are built with countermeasures for earthquakes, ie, giving the whole thing an ability to sway and move with the earthquake instead of resisting it, it should be okay,we've engineered vertical buildings to be earthquake resistant,this is not any different in its basics.

At the end of the day, the idea will live or die when its put on a collision course with reality. We will see what comes to pass.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.