[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would prove to you beyond reasonable doubt that intelligent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 5874hreu.png (175KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
5874hreu.png
175KB, 640x430px
What would prove to you beyond reasonable doubt that intelligent alien life exists?
>>
>>8742244

When I see one with my own eyes.
>>
>>8742244

I've seen a UFO so no, I don't have doubts.
>>
>>8742244

Having a close encounter of the 4th kind
>>
When you can prove that intelligent life exist here first, then I'll consider the et possibility.
>>
>>8742266
fpbp
>>
There may be even some mushrooms that are more universal than just earthly...
>>
>>8742292
>When you can prove that intelligent life exist here first, then I'll consider the et possibility.
What he said.
>>
File: Extra_Edge_Sharpener.jpg (45KB, 448x242px) Image search: [Google]
Extra_Edge_Sharpener.jpg
45KB, 448x242px
>>8742292
>>8742620
Pic related

>>8742244
Verifiable contact made with same. That could range from unambiguous signals received to a landing on the White House lawn.

If we discovered definite proof of life above the single-cell level having arisen anywhere else, I'd consider the likelihood of intelligent life somewhere to approach unity.
>>
>>8742244

Anal probe.

Seriously tho I already assume they exist, so something as simple as an intercepted message would probably do it.
>>
>>8742244
Creating life on this planet from little to nothing may be an indicator of a life form manufactured by an alien race.
Then all you have to do is send it to the moon to die.
>>
>>8742641
>Seriously tho I already assume they exist

>>8742637 here

Just speaking for me, I try not to assume anything one way or the other, given the total lack of data. I would not be hugely surprised if we got some sort of proof of intelligent life, but I would also not be hugely surprised if we never find life of any sort not related to us.
>>
File: watt beard.jpg (33KB, 382x510px) Image search: [Google]
watt beard.jpg
33KB, 382x510px
>>8742643
Not sure I followed your statement there...
>>
>>8742641
If they do, they are probably too far from us to ever contact. Or the great filter holds, and nobody makes it to superintelligence.
>>
A signal that is non-repeating and encoded with some universal constants as keys to deciphering it.

The discovery of a probe manufactured from a non terrestrial material.

Anything would be sufficient. The fact there has been absolutely nothing yet people have a very clear perception of what Aliens are, what they look like, what their ships look like, that there has been a rich history and myth and fantasy created about them, shows you that Aliens just like Dragons, Elves and Demons are alive only in the imagination of people.

The universe is barren, as we would expect it to be, since we are looking at a 100 year slice of a 13 billion year old movie reel. You would expect alien civilizations to last between thousands of years to millions of years, we're just looking for them at the wrong time, maybe a few million years too early or too late for another one, maybe the last one in this galaxy died out 50,000 years ago and there just wasn't anyone on Earth looking up through a telescope.
>>
>>8742292
>>8742620
Why do you think intelligent life can not exist elsewhere if it does not exist her?
>>
>>8742244
When I'm working in the Dilithium mines of Beorullia Prime
>>
when they 1v1 in tic tac toe and win
>>
File: alien.png (51KB, 499x408px) Image search: [Google]
alien.png
51KB, 499x408px
>>8742244
There was irrefutable proof of intelligent alien live on /pol/ right before 4chan went down and lost a bunch of data. Here's a depiction of the original image.
>>
As one who has researched the field and crap associated with it:
people want government/total media disclosure. They wouldn't listen to anything else unless they personally interacted with aliens themselves.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.