[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Many people spend their whole life trying to perfect their diet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 14453526565790.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
14453526565790.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
Many people spend their whole life trying to perfect their diet and exercise regime.

>count micro- and macro-nutrients
>time meals
>obsess over % intake of calories coming from fat vs carbs
>avoid carbs in general
>take supplements
>etc.

Now compare all that shit with a simple healthy diet and playing sports once a week.

Does that obsession pay off in terms of lifespan and general health? Unlikely.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (38KB, 382x438px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
38KB, 382x438px
Here's an example of this behavior.

Nuts have good fats (unsaturated fats).

Different types of nuts have different composition of these fats (mono and poly). "Some people" will literally count how many nuts they're eating so they can control the intake of these fats.

These people really think it's improving their wellbeing,
>>
What do you consider a payoff? Having a slim waist? I don't get what you're using to measure return here.
>>
>>8742005

The goal is (I assume, for most) a long healthy life. The point of diminishing returns is quickly reached -- following a simple, healthy diet (fruit, veg, meat, avoid junk food and sugars) will get you to that goal, everything else has marginal returns.

What I'm trying to measure is how much of a waste of time these efforts into tweaking every aspect of diet and exercise is.
>>
>>8742025
>The point of diminishing returns is quickly reached
That depends on the subjective value you give to live a few more years. Wealthy people have lots of money but little time. Poor people have lots of time but no money.
>>
>>8742049

>years

Dubious. Mortality's causes are out of reach for most people. It's more likely that you'll diet from a genetic condition or illness than by a less than optimal diet.
>>
>>8741981
>Many people spend their whole life trying to perfect their diet and exercise regime.
A FEW spend PART of their lives and then celebrate with crap food.
MOST people are pigs and dogs and put anything in their mouth.
MOST people have zero information on chem, biology, nutrition, bullshit, common sense...
>>
>>8741981
it is pretty silly unless you're a professional athlete. that said, counting calories or just keeping a food diary can be an eye-opening experience for people trying to lose weight. most people realize that huge amounts of pizza, ice cream, etc. are not great for them, but some don't realize just how much junk they're eating until they see it all laid out in writing.

i'm also annoyed by the opposite extreme, namely: "I read in the New York Times that you can get shredded just by doing 30 seconds of sprinting a month!". although i have to hand it to these exercise """"""scientists"""""": they really know how to tell people what they want to hear.
>>
I spend a lot of time on my body as well.

Go to the gym 3-4 times a week, run at least once a week and jump rope every now and then. I am not counting macros, just eat a lot of "good" stuff and try to limit fast food as much as possible.

It's not like these things feel bad for me (or for most people who chose this life), it's just a part of yourself. I like to be in very good physical condition. You only have one body for your whole life.
>>
>>8741981
Lifespan benefits of exercise actually plateau at around an hour a day of exercise.
>>
>>8742706
Source?
>>
>>8741981
It's better than not caring.

>simple healthy diet
Define
>sports
kys
>once a week
not enough
>>
>>8742706
Again, no source. Please don't post next time without one.
>>
/sci/ - Diet and Lifestyle advice
>>
i remember a study being done that correlated longevity to living right near the brink of starvation.
>>
>>8742025
>long healthy life
Lol faggot. The goal is to be jacked and have a low fat percentage. That shit does not just happen by itself
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.