[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got a question for psychologists here. So, I wasn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1344437299559.jpg (86KB, 634x385px) Image search: [Google]
1344437299559.jpg
86KB, 634x385px
I've got a question for psychologists here.
So, I wasn't able to find any good literature that fully answers my question, even though my question seems to be an obvious one.
So, here is a popular statement: "All fears are the same fear, the fear of death".
Is it a theory? Is it some imperative obvious knowledge, that all psychologists are agreed about? Or is it just some bullshit?
And if that's true, can we say that the fear of death and the fear of the unknown are interchangeable? Like one hand we fear the unknown because we don't know whether it's gonna kill us, but on other hand we fear death because we don't know what happens after we die.
>>
>>8741929
>psychology
>/sci/
>>
>>8741945
I knew this gonna happen...
>>
So...
Anyone?
>>
>>8741929
It is demonstrably wrong, since some people choose to die in some circumstances, there are things they fear more...
>>
>>8741929
you're not gonna get anywhere by asking about psychology here, math kiddies cannot think outside the square

if you think about it, why do you feel fear, say, you have a job, and you're afraid of losing it because, it might lead to anxiety/anguish, then hunger, then probably death if you're too lazy to fix your situation

I think about it a lot, but I've found that people fear pain the most
>>
>>8741929
You won't get any help from here
>>
>>8741929
what about hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia?
>>
>>8741929
Seems reasonable. But I think it's unlikely to be mainstream psy.
Adding that we fear our lack of competence and adequacy to deal with life, survive. Drugs are good for ignoring fear and remaining weak, ignorant, uncivilized savages. The ultimate drug to avoid one's fear is to terrorize, brutalize and kill people.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.