[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets say I have a nice explanation of some unproven theorem but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Lets say I have a nice explanation of some unproven theorem but I only got there by typing long number sequences into wolfram alpha which then gave me the functions that generates those sequences. (Im working with those functions)

Should I share my findings or just be ashamed that im working in such horrible ways?
>>
>>8738741

> Should I share my findings or just be ashamed that im working in such horrible ways?

Wtf just share it. Conjecturing a result is quite important, altough really different from proving a result.
>>
>>8738741
If you want any glory then you shouldn't post anything just yet because if what you are doing is so trivial as to be solved by wolfram then odds are that any mathematician who looks at your sequence can prove your conjecture immediately.
>>
>>8738741
Your picture sickens me, delet it right now

Also your "theorem" is a joke and I don't even need to see it to know that
>>
>>8738745
I would like to because I would like to get some feedback but because >>8738773
I want to wait

>>8738773
Its not totally trivial, I found a way to make some sort of weird induction on recurrence relations. When you solve the recurrence relation and apply a certain mapping you'll eventually end up with multiple x's in your function but you can only induct on specific x's because other parts of the function rely on certain properties of x that arent allowed to be changed when induction is applied.

If would be great if someone already knows anything about this and can say something about it.
>>
>>8739053
>If would be great if someone already knows anything about this and can say something about it.
You gave such a broad description of what you're trying to do that there's no way for anyone to help you.
>>
>>8738741
so basically you're not versed enough in mathematics to write this down on your own/cant prove it.

this might be presumptuous but I would say you may never reach the level of skill needed to prove the conjecture, best just to share your findings.

who knows, its probably nothing. Ive fucked around in mathematics thinking I may be onto something but its nothing.
>>
Let us test the theory on sharing.

Have you seen this before?
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=rootz%5E0.5%2Fz%5E3
>>
>>8740756
Yeah, I'd say he should find a genuinely friendly math professor at a local uni to work with on this. They can at least tell you if it's something old.
>>
>>8738741
Well some mathematicians do use mathematica these days, what you are doing is really a cheaper version of that
>>
>>8738741
>Lets say I have a nice explanation
No, let us say you don't.
>>
>>8740760
That's a beautiful plot but there's many, many more of them.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.