[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prove you aren't a brainlet by answering the following

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: brainlet test.png (2MB, 1277x695px) Image search: [Google]
brainlet test.png
2MB, 1277x695px
Prove you aren't a brainlet by answering the following question.

A spaceship leaves earth now for a planet around another star 200 light years away. In 100 years you leave earth in a spaceship that can go 2c, twice the speed of light headed for the same planet.

what would the captain of the slower ship see as he watches you overtake him?

assume that faster than light travel will be possible in 100 years.

more details in this mind blowing video.

https://youtu.be/_tmMKQ4kp_I
>>
>>8732745
Low quality shitposting... Fuck off
>>
We would land together?
>>
>>8732748
brainlet detected
>>
>>8732751
It's never said that the first spaceship travels at light speed.
>>
>>8732756
sorry... first ship travels at half the speed of light. I really should have mentioned that in the op >>8732745

also this is the question explained in the video
>>
>>8732745
>A spaceship leaves earth now for a planet around another star 200 light years away. In 100 years you leave earth in a spaceship that can go 2c, twice the speed of light headed for the same planet.
not possible, if you travelled faster than light you would be going back in time
>>
he'd see fuck all until after we passed and then heavily redshifted light for a bit
>>
>>8732745
>2c
a fastly approaching shitpost
>>
File: lel.jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
34KB, 413x395px
>>8732745
> watches a PBS spacetime episode and thinks he suddenly has incredible understanding of a subject
> calls other people brainlets
> tfw
>>
>>8733331
/thread

lmfao
>>
>>8733222
>not possible, if you travelled faster than light you would be going back in time
Did you watch the video? That's the entire point of the exercise, to demonstrate how going faster than light necessarily means traveling backwards in time
>>
>>8733494
>neccesserily means

No it does not. I love how people of science are first to say smth isnt possible, and yet decase after decade they are the ones proved to bw wrong every time.

When will we realize we are ants?
Give it time. Our knowledge of the univ is not complete and until it is there can always Always be a catch 22.
>>
>>8732745
Prove you aren't a brainlet by answering the following question.
A spaceship with top speed of 1c leaves earth now for a planet around another star 200 light years away. In 100 years a spaceship that can go 2c leaves earth, 50 years later space ship that can go 4c leaves earth, 25 years later space ship that can go 8c leaves earth, 12.5 years later space ship that can go 16c leaves earth, 6.25 years later space ship that can go 32c leaves earth, 3.125 years later space ship that can go 64c leaves earth, 1.5625 years later space ship that can go 128c leaves earth, 0.78125 years later space ship that can go 256c leaves earth, 0.390625 years later space ship that can go 512c leaves earth, 0.1953125 years later space ship that can go 1024c leaves earth, 0.09765625 years later space ship that can go 2048c leaves earth at two thousand forty eight times the speed of light headed for the same planet.
what would the captain of the second slowest ship see as he watches 12th ship overtake 4th ship while going backwards in time himself?
assume that faster than light travel will be possible in 100 years.
>>
can no one answer this? I don't even know how to think about what someone passing me moving forward in space but backward in time would look like.
>>
>>8733502
>doesn't refute the implication of the model
brainlet detected
>>
>>8734197
How could anyone answer this? The question is retarded and we have no basis to even hypothesize how an impossible event would look like. These fucking garbage threads pop up every single time PBS releases a new video.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.