[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>this is considered an invesitagative procedure for lung cancer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: chest-xray.jpg (8KB, 430x430px) Image search: [Google]
chest-xray.jpg
8KB, 430x430px
>this is considered an invesitagative procedure for lung cancer in the year 2017
>>
>>8731954
I'm pissed you make a joke out of a serious situation.
I'm also pissed that I might be talking with a bot.
>>
>>8731954
Stop.
>>
>>8731954
Holy shit dude, just fucking kill yourself already. If you don't have cancer then you'll be doing us a favour, if you do have cancer then you'll be doing yourself a favour. It's a win-win situation.
>>
The sensitivity isn't great but the specificity is near 100%. If you get a negative result on an xray the probability is very high that you truly don't have cancer.

The sensitivity not being great doesn't affect you at all, because it means there's too many false positives. It says nothing about false or true negatives.
>>
>>8732002
>If you get a negative result on an xray the probability is very high that you truly don't have cancer.
Is this kind of stating the obvious? Just means that the vast majority of people who have a chest x-ray don't have lung cancer.
>>
>>8732021
No, he's saying that when they're looking for cancer, x-ray is a very good way of determining that you DON'T have it. With some other methods, even if it comes up negative there's a decent failure rate and you could in fact have it
>>
>>8732070
No, all it saying that if you have a test for lung cancer and it comes back negative, you very likely don't have it. But it's very likely that anyone who has the test in the first place doesn't have it

>x-ray is a very good way of determining that you DON'T have it..
no as it misses 50-70% of caners
>>
>>8732002
you got it wrong. High specificity means that there's a relatively small chance of false positive (that the exam concludes to something that he doesn't actually have), whereas high sensitivity means there's a relatively small chance of false negative (that the exam doesn't show a disease he actually has).
>>
>>8732113
>no as it misses 50-70% of caners
No, it doesn't. That's a straight up falsehood. Stop repeating it.

>>8732512
No, you have it backwards. Specificity is calculated as the ratio of true negatives to all negatives.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.