[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say you have a closed system running a liquid trough the pipes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (14KB, 277x182px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14KB, 277x182px
Say you have a closed system running a liquid trough the pipes by the pump. Would increasing the pumps rpm increase the overall psi in the system?
>>
>>8731136
Sure would.
>>
>>8731141
/thread
>>
>>8731141
Can you cite a specific reason, I'm trying to win an argument
>>
>>8731160
Since its a closed system you can assume low energy loss over time, the higher the rpms of the pump the more energy is introduced into the system. The more energy usually means a higher temperature/pressure in the system. You can tie in the laws of thermodynamics if you'd like.
>>
>>8731160
like >>8731176 said.

you can also reference momentum. conservation of energy is the main idea here.
>>
>>8731176
no higher temperature, assume temperature stays constant
>>
>>8731197
Son, the temp increase is marginal. The idea is focused around an increase of energy in the system more energy == more pressure.
>>
>>8731205
thank you.
>>
>>8731160

It system would act like a centrifuge. By pressing the fluid against the walls of the pipes, you create more pressures.

But if you had a magic 1m long magically teleported contents from the and to the beginnnig of the pipe, no there would be no significant increase in pressure accept when accelerating the liquid.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.