[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the theory that we live in a simulated reality is becoming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1488072967778s.jpg (2KB, 103x125px) Image search: [Google]
1488072967778s.jpg
2KB, 103x125px
So the theory that we live in a simulated reality is becoming more and more popular, which is good because it can actually be tested; heres how.

If we eventually reach a technological level at which we can ourselves simulate realities, we could do so and thus create incredible information density, as the supercomputer rendering our reality now has to render our reality and another artificial reality. Thus if we live in a simulation we would crash it, but if we dont well know we still dont have a purpose in life.

Yay.
>>
Eventually we'll harness the power of this universe to simulate another universe. This one should have just enough computational power to simulate a universe of equal measure. Then in that universe we will simulate another.
>>
>>8728949
Do you feel it? Do you feel that I can see your soul? Do you feel it? Do you feel the pain in my heart~
>>
>>8728833
>Thus if we live in a simulation we would crash it,
Because you definitely can't run a virtual machine hypervisor in a virtual system with technologies we already have for simulating things.
>>
>>8728954
LOL

The best way to test for a system is to system within the system.
If you can system within a system you are in a system.
>>
There's no reason a supercomputer would have higher information density than a bunch of sand or water.
>>
>>8729009
>If you can system within a system you are in a system.
>If you can fuck some guy's ass then your ass is being fucked by another guy.
>>
File: 1488817186091.jpg (27KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488817186091.jpg
27KB, 720x720px
>>8728833
We would only be able to work within the amount of energy that our simulated universe is allocated. We couldn't simulate enough to crash our universe, we would simply crash the simulation we attempt to run.
>>
>>8728833
>If we eventually reach a technological level at which we can ourselves simulate realities, we could do so and thus create incredible information density
Here's the problem with that... If we are inside a simulation, we experience it at the rate at which our brains "tick." So a "second" feels like this measurable amount of time to us. But to whoever is outside the simulation, watching it, a second inside the simulation might take ten years to actually run. The same would be true for a simulation of another universe inside ours. So there would be zero additional strain on the universe outside ours. We could already be a hundred layers deep in universes inside universes for all we know.
>>
>>8729093
This is correct, but the biggest issue with this claim is the life expectancy of the universe. If we assume a scale of 10s per tick, it only takes 4 layers for the uppermost layer to be 13 trillion years old. This of course assumes the entire age of our universe was simulated. I don't know the life expectancy of a universe, but this seems too high.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.