[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i was just making a pb&j sandwich and i was thinking what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: kangarooplate.jpg (120KB, 800x619px) Image search: [Google]
kangarooplate.jpg
120KB, 800x619px
i was just making a pb&j sandwich and i was thinking

what if when you mix them together it's like a random displacement of atoms

so with a bunch of random peanut butter atoms and jelly atoms the mixture is probably about 50/50

so if you mix them long enough you have every possible combination of peanut butter atoms and jelly atoms

but some combinations will inevitably lead to different results

like if you mix the peanut butter and jelly after a while they blend together evenly

but if you keep mixing will they always remain mixed evenly??

if you mix for infinite amount of time will they eventually ever go back to being separate

like when you shuffle a deck of cards the same way enough times they go back to being not shuffled
>>
>>8727759
"emulsification"
>>
It would eventually reach every possible state but it would take an absurdly long time. Like, it would take much longer than the lifespan of the universe from creation to heat death before you had the exact same configuration repeated
>>
x! = # of combinations, x = # of atoms
>>
>>8727858
ha, no. That would imply that all of the atoms are in a string.
>>
>>8727759
ask /ck/, they're good at this kind of stuff
>>
This board still sucks huh?
>>
If you treat it like gases mixing in a container you can approximate with statistical mechanics that it is extremely likely that it stays in a configuration very close to being evenly mixed
>>
>>8727759
There are no peanut butter atoms.
There are no peanut butter molecules.
There is not even a clear definition for what chemical percentage constitutes/defines peanut butter or grape jelly.
but even homogenized peanut butter and jelly as its defined commercially will separate.

Im sure homogenized peanut butter and jelly, would too.
>>
>>8727759
if i blend a strawberry in a blender for infinite time will it eventually become whole again
>>
There's a theorem from Riemann that basically says what your asking
Yes, after enough random "mixing" they'll eventually return to their original states
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.