/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can you "catch" a mental illness, or is it simply a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 34632467685998.jpg (21KB, 240x300px) Image search: [Google]
34632467685998.jpg
21KB, 240x300px
can you "catch" a mental illness, or is it simply a temporary thing from being around the mentally ill person and subconsciously taking after them as you do with everyone you are around, which then goes away when you stop being around them?
>>
traumatizing experiences dealing with crazy people != being crazy
>>
>>8727093
>can you "catch" a physical illness, or is it simply a temporary thing from being around the physically ill person and unconsciously taking on their bacteria as you do with everyone you are around, which then goes away when you stop being exposed to infection?
>>
>>8727093
Everyone you interact with influences you, actually seeing some random stranger's face on TV influences you. We don't really understand our minds, much less the semi-nonexistent things that plague it. So yes, you can "catch" it, you can propagate a mental illness just by thinking about something in a certain way. Certainly you can be influenced by said mentally ill person.
>>
>>8727093
My sister in law and her husband wen diving off into paranoia together, literally coating the rooms with tinfoil stuff. Unless it was the most unlikely coincidence of all time, their mental illness encouraged the growth if the same in the other, which to me is close enough to catching it from each other.
>>
>>8727608
Me again, had to go look up spelling -- Folie à deux, French for "madness of two" or shared psychosis, is a psychiatric syndrome in which symptoms of a delusional belief and hallucinations are transmitted from one individual to another.

I would suspect cases of "mass hysteria" might have some relevance to the discussion as well.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.