[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've just been diagnosed with incurable blindness due to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1474404008452.jpg (24KB, 490x287px) Image search: [Google]
1474404008452.jpg
24KB, 490x287px
I've just been diagnosed with incurable blindness due to a genetic defect. I'll be blind in 2-3 years.

How do I git gud at computational biology/ protein folding simulations/ genetic engineering? I have a background in numerical mechanical engineering.

(also I'm not that hypochondriac anon: fuck that guy)
>>
literally fuck that dude. if you can see the sights the world has to offer. Like rome or carribian or whatever floats your boat, i hope you get a seeing eye dogger who is cool and stuff
>>
>>8722626
>not even asking for a friend
you are putting no effort into this anon...
>>
>>8722632
This. Don't waste your short time with sight doing fucking math, go out and live. There isn't anything stopping you from doing math after you go blind. Stephen Hawking can't control anything but his cheek muscle and he manages
>>
>>8722664
Fuck this guy.

Do whatever you love to do, if it's math, it's math. Don't let anybody tell you what you are supposed to enjoy. Those people are fucking cancer, I swear.
>>
>>8722626
better make some really close friends to take care of you and learn how to play the piano/guitar or something. not even memeing. that's what i'd do if i was going blind.
>>
>>8722677
Fuck this guy.

Think whatever you want to think. Don't let anybody tell you what you are supposed to enjoy. Those people are fucking cancer, I swear.
>>
>>8722626
Lrn braile
>>
>>8722677
Fuck this guy

It will be hard to get your gay needs satisfied when you're blind, OP
>>
>>8722626
>Mechanical Engineer

A well educated ME will only take a few months to assemble a pair of robotic eyes, It is pretty much childs play.

get to it anno.
>>
>>8722626
>I've just been diagnosed
People have been diagnosed before and the patients have proven them wrong.
>>
>>8722766
that's not going to happen here though because OP is actually lying.
>>
>>8722626
>Blindness being an issue in the modern times.
Why not have eye transplant or wait 10 years for robotic eyes and get those?
>>
>>8722739
>>8722756
Fuck these guys.

Seriously, op, fuck them, get a gay threesome before you go blind
>>
File: lookherewatson.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
lookherewatson.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>8722820
>>8722756
>>8722739
>>8722677
>(You)
>>
The mind's eye, Oliver Sacks.
>>
>>8722626
Begin using your remaining eyesight to accommodate and prepare for your potential blindness. Get familiar with accessibility technologies for the vision impaired. Download audio books on the subjects. Begin forming habits that would better suit you if you were blind.

Either you find a way, lose, or you learn to live.
>>
>>8722626
What kind of blindness you got op.

Also get one of these before you go blind, you will learn how to use it better if you use it when you can still see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp5jC1NRVyM
>>
I don't know about the other two however if you want to get better at "protein folding simulations" I'd highly recommend looking into Gromacs. You can start out with some videos tutorials on youtube and some tutorials on simulating lysosyme. After that point just experiment like the rest of us.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.