[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is quantum physics based on probabilties simply because we aren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (111KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
111KB, 1920x1080px
Is quantum physics based on probabilties simply because we aren't intelligent enough to notice a pattern? Is it possible that another advanced civilization knows exact laws?
>>
Lol how the fuck is that even possible that thing would be leaking fore sure haha
>>
>>8722251
It's based on probabilities because it appears to be probabilistic.
>>
No it's based on probabilities because linear algebra and Fourier transforms.

It's literally just math.
>>
>>8722262
>He thinks algebra can't give exact answers.
>>
It's probabilistic because the Heisenberg uncertainty principle prevents you from simultaneously measuring the position and momentum of a very small particle at the same time. Without that data you can't calculate exactly where it will be in the future, so you can only use statistics to determine an area where it might be.
>>
>>8722251
No, it's exact. We can exactly calculate the time evolution of shit if we knew the original states. Problem is, we don't know the original states exactly and there is absolutely no way in hell we ever could. Every attempt to extract information from the system will significantly alter the system and we would gain nothing.
>>
>>8722251
What you're suggesting is basically non-local pilot wave theory.
Bell's theorem disproves local hidden variables (classical deterministic quantum mechanics). This leaves us with two option:
- Non-local hidden variables. This theory says that quantum mechanics isn't probabilistic, but it also somewhat defies special relativity.
- The standard Copenhagen interpretation, which is probabilistic.
There's no way to determine which one is correct, but the general consensus is on the Copenhagen interpretation.
>>
>>8722359

Yes but the actual phenomenon appears to contain this uncertainty property. It isn't merely a shortcoming in our capabilities due to needing to interact with the particle to measure it, the double split experiment demonstrates that photons interact with themselves as a wave.
>>
>>8722359
>- Non-local hidden variables. This theory says that quantum mechanics isn't probabilistic, but it also somewhat defies special relativity.
>- The standard Copenhagen interpretation, which is probabilistic.
>There's no way to determine which one is correct, but the general consensus is on the C
>>8722449

imho it's just an effect of cumulated error, knowing how physicist like to give "special" and "mysterious" meaning to certain phenomona
>>
>>8722411
I thought there were theoretically experiments to prove which one is right, we just don't have the technology currently to perform said experiments.
>>
>>8722411
Pilot wave is still probabilistic.
>>
>>8722474
I don't think so. The thing is, that physicists have to decide what they believe in - special relativity or determinism (because of bell's theorem). Most would rather accept the former over of the latter, even in the cost of an extremely unintuitive theory (and no matter what they choose, the theory would still be unintuitive and "mysterious".

>>8722476
Not that I know of. Unless you have some sort of experiment that can prove non-locality.

>>8722484
No it isn't. That's the whole point of the theory - choosing determinism.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.