[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long can I refill a water bottle before it becomes dangerous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

How long can I refill a water bottle before it becomes dangerous to drink from?
>>
depends. Keep it in sunlight and sealed, then never really. UV rays kill the bacteria. only thing u might get is some bisphenyl
>>
>>8721574
>How long
you could refill the same water bottle every day for the rest of your life and it would never be dangerous to drink from.

that water bottle will be safe to drink from (assuming properly cleaned) for thousands of years.
>>
>>8721578
What about millions of years?
>>
When my bottle gives off a musty stench as I open it that's usually when I throw it away.
>>
>there's no conclusive evidence plastic bottles are harmful, therefore they must be 100% safe

t. guys who said cigarettes were safe for 50 years despite 50 years of evidence to the contrary
>>
>>8721588
yea ever since I heard about xeonestrogens I don't use plastic water kettles anymore, but that's about it.
>>
>>8721583
If you wash it with soap and then let it dry, fully, bacteria will die. Then just stop niggerlipping it when in use
>>
>>8721606
Too much work. I'd rather get NF.
>>
>>8721574
It is less dangerous to drink refilled water from a water bottle than a new water bottle.

the new water bottle has probably sat in storage longer, more time means more bisphenyl a leaches out. In addition you have no idea if the water bottle has been held at warm temperatures in transit, this increases the bisphenyl a that leaches out.
>>
>>8721581
Do you plan to stick around after your first hundred years?
>>
File: nalgene-water-bottle-1L-everyday.jpg (545KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
nalgene-water-bottle-1L-everyday.jpg
545KB, 1100x1100px
I just rinse my nalgene everytime I refill it and wash it with soap like one every 2 weeks and it never smells
Also when drinking I try to make my lips come in contact with the bottle as little as possible
>>
>>8721574
It is dangerous the first time. Every subsequent use releases more bp-A (and many other chemicals not yet found or reported). Every time it heats up and cools down, it breaks down more plastic. You either eat the plastic toxins or you're dumb enough to wash it with chemical soap that breaks the plastic down more, releasing even more toxins.
Depends if you've been scammed into the water fad? It's amazing that some people can see over-watering a potted plant leaches the soil of minerals and nutrients, but yet over-watering our own body works differently.
>>
>>8722104
>chemical soap
>>
>>8722545
What, you've never heard of chemical-free soap? It's in the vegan aisle. Right next to the hemp shampoo.
>>
>>8721681
I never wash my nalgene. Interstingly it never smells, I attribute this to always keeping my nalgene filled with water, trace amounts of chlorine prevent bacterial growth, just like in water pipes!
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (52KB, 1024x635px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
52KB, 1024x635px
reusable glass is your friend
>>
>Buying overpriced tap water in the first place
>>
>>8722870
>glass
>bringing that dumbbell of a water bottle around
>>
>>8721574
Just put a drop of soap in with a bit of water and shake it for a minute. Rinse. Repeat 1-3 times a week.

>>8721588
"Dangerous" means impending doom if ___ is done. Leached chems from plastic isn't dangerous. It is a risk. Smoking isn't dangerous, but it is a risk, a higher on than using plastic for your food.

I for one don't use plastic for any of my food stuffs and drinks.

>>8723814
t. limp wristed
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.