[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the evolutionary reason for our head hair? Why is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: pobrane.jpg (9KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
pobrane.jpg
9KB, 280x180px
What's the evolutionary reason for our head hair? Why is it completely different from fur? Is baldness the next step?
>>
Fashion

similar to those birds who attract mates with their feathers
>>
>>8721089
Yes. Baldness is the next step. And it is already happening. Look how many people have cancer these days. If you have cancer, you get chemo. Chemo gives you baldness. So the logical conclusion is that cancer and baldness is evolution.
>>
>>8721089
That depends, do bald/balding people get laid more or have more offspring than their hair cover counterparts? If the answer to that question is no, then no, balding is not the next evolutionary step.
>>
>>8721089
the mutation happened, humans were to smart to really be affected by a different hair color so it wasn't harmful to the bearer
>>
>>8721089
>>8721103

Evolution is not a series of steps you mongoloids. There is no predictable 'next step', evolution has only to do with adaptation to the environment and sexual selection. There is not reason to believe mankind is evolving since there is no natural selection anymore.
>>
>>8721935
>There is no predictable 'next step', evolution has only to do with adaptation to the environment and sexual selection.
This guy knows what he's talking ab-
>There is not reason to believe mankind is evolving since there is no natural selection anymore.
Nigger you dumb
>>
>>8721942
The only natural selection I can think of is with respect to pathogens. But even then, the fact that we cure a great deal of them removes the possibility that mutations which may offer immunity against pathogens be selected for. It is you who are the dumb nigger.
>>
>>8721951
Sounds like you don't even know what the fuck natural selection is. Read a book, sport
>>
>>8721960
Well if you're so clever, give me an example of natural selection occurring within the human population today.
>>
>>8721089
Have you ever looked at a young woman with long hair, and how beautifully it flickers with the wind? It's an attention grabber to benefit procreation, just like the peacock tail. It's why many societies and religions force women to cover their hair with a scarf, it's a way of controlling sexuality
>>
>>8721089
>baldness the next step?
A step towards age and death.
>>
>>8721089
Social grooming behavior.
>>
File: 1488053949210.jpg (114KB, 749x611px) Image search: [Google]
1488053949210.jpg
114KB, 749x611px
>>8721942

We are devolving. Just look at fagots with osteogenesis imperfecta who are having children. Literally what the fuck is wrong with them. Look at the countless niggers and Muslims that breed without end. I swear modern fertilizers and farming techniques have doomed us as a species.

#BringBackStarvation
>>
>>8721089
>What's the evolutionary reason for our head hair?
Hair covers your scalp and prevents the cranium from overheating in the sun.
Humans of recent African descent retain their curly hair, which stands up to let wind through to further enable cooling. Straight hair, which is an adaptation to cooler environments, lays flat against the cranium and keeps it warm in winter. That's why humans with recent ancestors out of Africa have straighter hair.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.