[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much of the suggested applications of graphene are just memes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

How much of the suggested applications of graphene are just memes?

>low energy water desalination
>majorly fuel efficient cars
>supercapacitors replacing batteries
>replacing silicon in computer chips

It's portrayed as a miracle substance that could be the steel of the 4th industrial revolution, but I haven't found any real-world demonstrations using it.
>>
Pretty much any material with desirable qualities is going to find a large number of different applications. How many uses of plastic can you think of? How many uses of copper? Silicon? Wool? Or the Judas of miracle materials, asbestos.

What I'm saying is that a material with any unique properties having a lot of great uses is pretty much typical, not unusual
>>
>>8720322
Why do you call asbestos the Judas of miracle materials?
>>
>>8720502
Isn't it obvious? Asbestos was first thought to be a miraculous material, one of the Apostles of Building like wood and iron. Then like Judas, it betrayed us by giving everyone cancer.
>>
>>8720513
Didn't know that.
t. Freshman
>>
>>8720540
Asbestos is actually pretty amazing. It's a mineral that can be woven like fabric. You can use it like cotton, but it can't catch on fire in any reasonable situation, it's a good insulator, it's incredibly strong and durable, it's cheap, it's plentiful... if you insulated a building with it, it would serve the dual purpose of slowing fires. And you could weave it into clothing to make them fire resistant.

Too bad about the lung cancer though
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.