[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey, 4chinz math fag here and i want to know about other fellows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Space_Earth.jpg (495KB, 5121x2881px) Image search: [Google]
Space_Earth.jpg
495KB, 5121x2881px
hey, 4chinz math fag here and i want to know about other fellows here who happend to be majoring in math too

what are you doing all the day?
how you concentrate on what you are doing?
how much work do you yield per week?
how to know the "best" next book to read for the sake getting rid of my stupidity?
how you serach for books/articles?
how i know what are the prequisites to fully understand the book and be able to solve all the proplems within it?
>>
>>8720262
Im an engineering major if that counts. But im also semi retarded. So monitoring this thread
>>
>>8720349
you're welcomed :3
>>
>>8720262
1)study,gym.
2)coffe
3)A lot, I love what I do, study other math related stuff in my free time
4)the site Mathematics Stack Exchange will help you to find books, there's lot of questions of the kind: "what are the best books on x"
5)internet + professor advise
6)bro tip -> if you find a book that's just a little above your level try it, even if you don't have 100% prerequisites try it, this is a good way of advancing.
>>
>>8720467
thanks
>>
Math PhD student here

>what are you doing all the day?
Reading, teaching or meeting with my advisor

>how you concentrate on what you are doing?
Coffee and force of will

>how much work do you yield per week?
Idk man

>how to know the "best" next book to read for the sake getting rid of my stupidity?
Ask your teachers what they'd recommend most are really cool and interested in talking about math whenever

>how you serach for books/articles?
Arxiv or just google it

>how i know what are the prequisites to fully understand the book and be able to solve all the proplems within it?
Ask grad students or professors in the area. Alternatively just try to read it and see if you understand what you're reading

Anything else you want to know?
>>
Should I continue to major in math if it's just something I enjoy rather than my number one passion? Im only in calc 2 so im barely even worthy enough to call myself a math major but I just am unsure if I have the drive to continue when things get really tough. I just dont want to fuck myself by getting a shitty degree
>>
>>8721504
you're taking calc 2 in college? your math degree probably won't be worth a lot by the time you graduate, unfortunately
>>
>>8721498
OP here, you man are awsome, thanks a lot
i want to you refddit account, if you're willing to if not don't be bothered by a brainlet like me
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.