[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Currently getting a degree in aerospace engineering. Have I fallen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Things.jpg (20KB, 381x481px) Image search: [Google]
Things.jpg
20KB, 381x481px
Currently getting a degree in aerospace engineering. Have I fallen for a meme degree?
>>
>>8719045
cuck
>>
>>8719068
Damn, it's worse than I thought.
>>
File: smirking engineer.jpg (15KB, 301x450px) Image search: [Google]
smirking engineer.jpg
15KB, 301x450px
>>8719045
>Have I fallen for a meme degree?
yeah. you should have just done ME and taken some aerodynamics electives.

aerospace is like every other niche engineering field. limited number of companies, sensitive to market fluctuations, highly competitive, etc.

if its something that really interests you, you are going to need a masters anyways so its not even worth it to potentially hamstring yourself until you get past undergrad. you better have a really good fuckin' reason to be doing anything other than ChemE, EE, ME, or CivE for your bachelors.
>>
>>8719101
Mechanical engineering has interested me before. I had thought about dual majoring in aerospace and mechanical.
>>
>>8719203
>dual majoring
>in two engineering disciplines

thats another meme. if you are going to dual major, you do it in something like CS/business/foreign language. if you want to get an aerospace degree. do it for your masters.
>>
File: 1483171927990s.jpg (7KB, 249x183px) Image search: [Google]
1483171927990s.jpg
7KB, 249x183px
>>8719075
Indeed anon.
>>
>>8719068
>>8719101
t. butthurt failed aerospace engineering students
>>
Could I move to industries that are t construction related with a structural engineering degree
>>
If you're getting a bachelors in that yes. If you're getting a PhD no.
>>
File: 1488095441064.jpg (81KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1488095441064.jpg
81KB, 600x450px
>Not getting into optical and magnetic engineering
>>
Aerospace freshman here. Should I transfer into ME? I really like aerospace though...
>>
>>8719551
From personal experience the Professors will be more demanding in Aerospace while the curriculum is almost the same and you will be taking classes with Mechanical students.

Anon, as long as it makes you happy, who are we to tell you otherwise ?
>>
>>8719045
I think so. Thing is if you do a more general degree like others have suggested you can still go into aerospace, and you would still have plenty of other things to fall back on. You have to be really dedicated and do a lot of networking to ensure you get a job in aerospace.
>>
>>8719101
So, hypothetically, if I was a hypothetical mech E (mechatronics) seeking to get into aersopace, it would hypothetically be hypothetically possible? I hypothetically like rockets very much. Hypothetically, of course.
>>
>>8720039
Why would a MechE brainlet even try to get into aerospace, faggot? You are all brainlets.
>>
>>8720087
Not him but I wanna get in aerospace and contribute to space travel- I chose mechE btw. Why so much hate?
>>
>>8720507
dude, read an aerodynamics book, a gas dynamics book, and maaaybe some cfd and you will pretty much have learned the same stuff an aero learns. the amount of overlap between aero and mech is so great that the differences can be made up in electives.
>>
>>8720515
Thanks.
>>
>>8719045

I am in one (not a good program tho)

Make sure you LOVE everything related to fluid mechanics (aerodynamics), aircraft structures (mechanics, vibrations, aeroelasticity) and materials.

Please make sure you love em, else you will hate it like I do.
>>
>>8719101
/thread
>>
>>8720520
This.

Feels bad man.

Should of done EE or ME.
>>
I'm doing MicE (microbial engineering). We're so cool that our abbreviation spells a word.
>>
>>8720515
Also can I make any useful professional gains as a fresher? Intern etc
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.