[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a brainlet at quantum mechanics and all, but I got super

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1483596038973.jpg (52KB, 499x844px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1483596038973.jpg
52KB, 499x844px
I'm a brainlet at quantum mechanics and all, but I got super excited about it after seeing how a quantum computer should work.
Please explain me why does a "super-state" exist and why it does matter at all about a "observer" seeing the process. I like examples with cute cats like Schrodinger's Cat.
>>
>>8718983
I study theoretical QM and kys faggot
>>
>>8718983
Schrodinger's cuck is an example of superposition. If you put a cuck in a bunker with a bomb, there is a chance that the bomb explodes or that the bomb doesn't explode (if the bomb explodes the cuck dies). You leave the cuck in that bunker and cannot see the cuck. Quantum Mechanics suggest that the cuck is in a superposition of living and dead, until you go check if it is living or dead so that the universe has to decide a definite state of either a living cuck or a dead cuck.
>>
>>8719001
But that is to us who are not watching him from the outside. What about his vision inside? I mean, I can understand to our point as a observer, but why would this thing actually care or be in a super state? Does it mean that everything we can't watch isn't defined? We are special little beings that just decide if something is or not? Shouldn't it adopt a position even if not watched?

You see, that's all, I don't understand the observer thing in practice at all.
>>
>>8719016
It's not about if it is watched, but if it is measured. Not necessarily by observation. No, the cuck would not be in a superposition as it is not a single particle, but it is an example of what happens to particles. Until a particle's spin is measured, it remains in a superposition.
>>
>>8718983
>observer

You arefailing to appreciate the scale you're dealing with. You can observe a cat with your eyes without it having any obvious effect on the cat, but you can't observe a subatomic particle that is smaller than the wavelength of visible light using your eyes, you have to basically throw another subatomic particle at it to "bounce off" to work our where the first subatomic particle is, and of course doing this will disturb the particle you're observing.
>>
>>8719022
>>8719056
Oh, now it makes more sense to me, and answers my questions. Thanks anons for making me 1% less dumber!
>>
>>8718983
Get the fuck out.
You're not going to understand anything without a proper education.
Start studying math.
>>
>>8719070
>Start studying philosophy

FTFY :^)
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.