[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sooo, what happens to the oil and gas industry when fusion finally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Sooo, what happens to the oil and gas industry when fusion finally breaks through? That's like a trillion dollar industry.
>>
>>8718897
jews sabotage the reactors again and then whine about how unsafe it is.
>>
>>8718897
very little. hydrocarbon fuels would still be safer, cheaper, and more importantly, portable. not to mention all the chemical applications (plastics, lubricants, cosmetics, etc).
>>
>>8718897
What if fusion never breaks through?
>>
>>8718905
>very little. hydrocarbon fuels would still be safer, cheaper, and more importantly, portable. not to mention all the chemical applications (plastics, lubricants, cosmetics, etc).
Ok well damn pedantic, imagine one of the smaller reactors breaks through. Consider Lockheed Martin's high beta reactor that "can fit on the back of a truck".

>>8718906
>What if fusion never breaks through?
Peak oil for real eventually.

>>8718901
>jews sabotage the reactors again and then whine about how unsafe it is.
Yeah that's my first thought too. Glad someone thought of that. I'd fear it'd lead to war, for some reason.
>>
Lobbying against, lobbying against, lobbying against, and then attempts to invest in the industry and its presence comes too little too late.

"We're" not even building new fission reactors, while our current fission reactors are getting older. When "we" have to shut them down, will there be any ready-to-run reactors nearby connected to the power grids that need their output?

Probably not.
>>
>>8718897
A mini sun on earth? What problems could possibly come from trying this?
>>
>>8718901
Fusion reactors can't melt down
>>
>>8718897
Idk much about nuclear, but it sounds dangerous like a nuclear bomb. So I'm against it.
>>
>>8718915
cleetus and tyrone can't safely operate a nuclear reactor, even if it fits in a truck.
>>
>>8718897
We will run out of oil LONG before we figure out fusion. The research is no where close to any discovery..
>>
>>8719523
Who needs them? There are tons of unemployed PhDs in physics that would love to play with expensive tools that make them look smart.
>>
>>8719539
not for the wages that blue collar mechanics make. and they aren't as prevalent as you think.
>>
>>8718905
/thread
>>
>>8719550
>not for the wages that blue collar mechanics make. and they aren't as prevalent as you think.
If a job is in demand then naturally it will pay better than one not in demand. Especially with low worker supply.
>>
>>8719559
thats my point. nobody can afford to hire a stack of PhD's to run their plant.

i can pay cleetus 15$/hr and replace him on a whim.
>>
>>8719577
They could afford it given proper viability of fusion.
>>
>>8718915
>I'd fear it'd lead to war, for some reason.
among whomst?
>>
>>8719581
>among whomst?
Dunno, it's just an irrational fear. How will the petrodollar work when the energy is not needed?
>>
>>8718897
We still need ships, planes and cars. We still need petrochemicals to create things.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.