[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Study computer science 5 years >Take some Machine Learning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: matrics.jpg (185KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
matrics.jpg
185KB, 1280x800px
>Study computer science 5 years
>Take some Machine Learning courses
>Get headhunted as Data Scientist
>50k Euro starting

Why haven't you joined the Comp. Sci. master race yet /sci/?
>>
What about computer engineering
>>
>>8718884
its to hard
>>
>>8718884

Have fun programming a generic Java/.NET application.
>>
>>8718883
self-respect.
>>
>>8718902

Let me guess, Physics? Math?

The only good options you have is to get a research grant or to get a job still working with computer science.
>>
I will join this year if I enter college lol
>>
>>8718913
still better than studying CS OR being a shitty data scientist desu. I'd rather kill myself. not the other anon
>>
>>8718893

.NET programming is comfy
>>
Have fun being seen by "other" engineers as inferior.
>>
C.E. major here. Where's a good place to get started on machine learning? I've just finished enough of my mathy prerequisites to jump in. I'm cracking on a couple C++ tutorials now. I know a little python.
>>
>>8718883
I have a 2 year associates degree and i make nearly double what you do. Comp /sci/ master race my ass.
>>
>>8718947
>caring this much about what fags/engineers) think of you
>>
>>8718951
>So, anon, what do you do?
A)
>Oh, I work over at the space center
>That's so cool, I was always interested in sci fi stuff. What have you guys been working on lately?
>Well, personally, I'm new on my team. Worked for a couple of years in Berlin and Madrid, then came back home to join this team that's exploring the challenges of sending drones to Venus by 2030.
>Sounds so amazing, have my babies

B)
>I uhh am a data "scientist"
>Oh, um, sounds interesting. Nice weather btw
>>
>>8718950
Do you live in Europe ? No ? Then you dont make nearly double.
>>
>50k euro starting
That's like 4 000 American pesos, right?
>>
>>8718995
Nice try eurocuck. 1 euro = 1.06 USD. I made $98k last year, so after the conversion thats 42k euro more than your 50k. So yeah, nearly double.
>>
>>8719296
>being this retarded
CoL
>>
>>8719307
>being this poor
Must suck to be you. My cost of living is really low too. Forgot to mention i made that on a 36 hour work week. Enjoy peasantry for me.
>>
>>8719307

My nigga are you trying to seriously imply European CoL is below anything other than the Bay Area in the US?
>>
>>8718884
>engineering
lmao
>>
>>8718883
because EE
>>
>>8719338
Autist here, what is CoL?
>>
>>8719350
Cost of Living

>>8719338
Yes, also add things like 4 weeks vacation and a working health care system
>>
>>8718884
>pajeets can into verilog/cadence nowadays at 1/10th the salary
>can't follow EE's into analog/mixed-signal stuff
>only other option is to go into embedded programming

At that point you could just go into CS on a systems/architecture track and hop onto the SV bubble while it lasts.
>>
My personal preference is in the field of chemistry, and I'd rather not force myself into a career path I don't enjoy just for the sake of money
>>
>>8719355
I work 3 days a week, 12 hour days with 2 weeks of vacation, healthcare in the USA is the best on the planet if you have decent insurance, which is provided by my employer. All in all I would say im getting a much better deal than your pitiful 50k/yr with 4 weeks vacation comp /sci/ job, with the added bonus of not living in that shitheap you call a country.
>>
>>8719602
There's a lot of research and improvement to be done in chemistry too senpai
>>
>>8718991
>So, anon, what do you do?
A)
>Well, personally, I'm new on my team. Worked a couple miles of cocks already

B)
>I'm a data scientist. My groundbreaking research proved once and for all that engineers are faggots.
>As if there was any doubt *giggles*

oh wow would you look at that
>>
File: 1485321772153.webm (94KB, 592x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485321772153.webm
94KB, 592x720px
>not double majoring in EE/Physics and getting a scholarship for a masters in CS at MIT with a stipend of 50k/year and then a phd in mathematics paid by a employer.
>>
>>8719681
w-what ?
>>
>>8719686
i wanted to get into a professorship at my state uni but there are no stipends for anything other than medicine here, and even then it's 20k/year. pure shit. so i decided i was gonna do co-op and in my 2nd i applied for a gubmint position that paid well with benefits. i asked if i work towards a higher ranked position by going for a masters and they said sure they'd even pay for it. after being hired i immediately did that and then my phd. both got paid while i got the scholarship/stipend so i have a ton of cash.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.