[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>study computer science >get job as a data analyst using

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (16KB, 104x125px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 104x125px
>study computer science
>get job as a data analyst using machine learning and neural networks
>starting salary is $18k rising to a cap of $32k after 5 years

WTF /sci/ I thought that machine learning and neural networks is in high demand by employers. Why is the pay so shit then?
>>
>>8718431
Salary heavily depends on area
>>
File: -hungry-jpg-1600-900.jpg (170KB, 1600x676px) Image search: [Google]
-hungry-jpg-1600-900.jpg
170KB, 1600x676px
Does anybody know how to properly translate $ wages to € wages.

If one looks at the average wages here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_average_wage

we have
US:
$ 60k
Germany
$ 45k or roughly € 42k

any of course living price is very different (higher in the US)

But this still doesn't reflect differences in well-paying jobs. If you look at glassdoor and e.g. the highest paying senior jobs at Google
in the US they make
155.000$
and in Europe about
110.000€
a year (8000€ a month)

The average PhD + 3 years salary in Europe will be under 65000€, which isn't that high in the US.
AND then the income taxes in Germans pay 40%!? Doesn't seem to add up, even with the higher living cost in the US.

What's going on here?
>>
I'm French and am starting a job at a US tech company with an office in my city.
It's well paid in terms of salary, but then there is also the bonus thing - those kind that are related to shares. I get some with the contract.

Can someone explain this properly?

It's a young company and the HR woman said she herself couldn't even judge properly how much money these bonuses would really mean.

And then there is the thing of "selling it on the market".
>>
>>8718431
$18k per year? thats $1.5k per month? Garbage man who need no education at all get more than nearly double that.
Tell your boss monday that you want 3x you salary or you put in your 2 week notice!
>>
>>8718431
What 3rd world country do you live in anon?

People who mow lawns for a living make more than that
>>
>>8718431
>starting salary is $18k
please clarify which shithole you live in
>>
>>8718815
Picka nything in eastern europa
>>
>CS
>$18k

you either live in Sudan or you sold yourself short
>>
>>8718480
Europe just has lower salaries I guess. The US has bigger GPP per capita than any of the big European countries, only a few small ones (including Switzerland, Ireland, Norway) have it better than the US.
>>
>>8718480
educated professionals are rarer in the US because we have to come out of pocket for college. hence they command a higher wage than freebie degree euro's.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.