[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I believe I have just disproved Newton's third law. If

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: windshield.jpg (16KB, 320x240px)
windshield.jpg
16KB, 320x240px
I believe I have just disproved Newton's third law.

If a a vehicle travelling 60 mph hits a bug, it will create a force that causes the bug to splatter on the windshield. How come that bug doesn't create an equal and opposite force that causes the car to explode?
>>
>How come that bug doesn't create an equal and opposite force that causes the car to explode?

Experiment you can try at home!!
1) place a ceramic plate on the floor
2) drop a super bouncy ball on the plate
3) observe results
4) drop a rock on the plate
5) observe the results
>>
>>8717861
>two objects are travelling away from each other at 99% the speed of light
>relative to object A, object B is traveling at 198% the speed of light
einstein btfo
>>
>>8717861
The kinetic energy of a cocking bug isn't anything compared to a multi-ton metal brick on wheels, you mongoloid. Apparently, you forgot the second law, where "force" is referring to acceleration times /mass/. I swear to God you're literally retarded.
>>
>>8717861
First off, who the fuck says "how come" instead of "why" after the age of 5?

Second, the force required to explode a car (thankfully) is not the same force required to explode an insect.
>>
>>8717861
because most of the energy escaped as a shitpost
>>
>>8718102
How come you're a little faggot then?
>>
>>8717861
F=ma and the mass of a sprig of sage is low
>>
>>8718123
Sorry, I've not been quite the same since a gnat crashed into me and lost my legs.
>>
>>8717877
you're on to something kid

we should replicate this in some sort of computer simulator and see if the results are testable!!
>>
>>8717877
Is this right?
>>
>>8717861
The car is harder than the bug.
>>
>>8717861
Read your classical mechanics book chapter about collisions and impact.
>>
>>8717861
>How come that bug doesn't create an equal and opposite force that causes the car to explode?
F=dp/dt
>>
>>8717861
Mass
>>
>>8718182
first of all that's bait, but second this is why newtonian mechanics don't work near light speed. So no, it doesn't work like that
>>
>>8717861
Because car manufacturer bends a little Newton law by using deformation zones (NCAP stars and NCAP nebulas), mostly quantum based. Insect has no such invention, those stupid faggots are having only cycling helmets. Ergo explosion.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.