[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell is "space-time continuum" supposed to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: wormhole_graphic.jpg (64KB, 450x294px) Image search: [Google]
wormhole_graphic.jpg
64KB, 450x294px
What the hell is "space-time continuum" supposed to mean?

Obviously space and time are very different concepts. Sure space and time can affect each others very intimately, but space and time will remain fundamentally very very extremely distinct concepts.

Space is a collection of lowest energy density objects there is, to which every other object relates to.

Time is a tendency for things to change.

Stupid physicists.
>>
>>8717382

I'm convinced you also started this shitty fucking thread

>>>8717322

get out of here you fucking brainlet
>>
>>8717401
Troll ignored
>>
>>8717382
Even if you're a troll, I'm falling for this and will explain it to you like you really don't know since all my friends who I wish I could speak about it are brainlets and don't care about it

Spacetime is the same thing. We use "space" and "time" as diferent things because are human concepts to make it easier, but in physics, it's the same. We live in a three dimensional space and one dimensional time, a 4D universe. They interact with each other. There could be another "worlds" where there is, like, three dimensional space and three dimensional time properties, but I hardly think it will ever be found evidences about it.
>>
>>8717428
Yeah you are just repeating some science jargon now, some preread mantra that you have read tens of times over without once understanding it. Just like religion. So spacetime is same because God told you so? Is that what you are saying?
>>
>>8717464
Hey, at least I look cool and intelligence when I talk about it even if no one asked for it
>>
File: 1488397783409.jpg (55KB, 500x866px) Image search: [Google]
1488397783409.jpg
55KB, 500x866px
I'm not a physicist so I wasn't fed their meme explanation. Here's how it goes :

The universe is a 3D space. And then there's this thing called time, which can be thought as a dimension, but it is weird because it can only go "forward".

But then there's a faggot physicist (I think he was called Bagelstein) who found out that mass affects both space and time, warping them in some odd way. He and maybe others designed a modeling called space-time where you can nicely calculate both warping in the same equation.

Brainlet physicists majors, who don't know better, just assume space-time is real since they keep calculating stuff about it.
>>
>>8717382
stupid people have a tendency to reject the shit that is too complicated for them to understand. you appear to have done that.
>>
>>8717501
I believe in God. Stupid people often reject the idea of God as they are stupid. They can't see that the God is the Truth, the Good, and the Beauty, because they are stupid.
>>
>>8717528
It also doesn't demonstrate intelligence to believe in something that cant be proved.
>>
>>8717683
"Prove" is just another word for "strong belief". I have proved that God exists. My feelings towards him are so strong that he must exist. Just like in science. Understanding, knowing, argumenting... they are all just appeals to feelings. Agreeing on something is just a feeling.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.