[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there are actually brainlets on this board that believe aging

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: pepe_stylish.jpg (83KB, 600x696px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_stylish.jpg
83KB, 600x696px
>there are actually brainlets on this board that believe aging will be "cured"
>there are people on this board that dismiss the idea of god but believe in immortality.
>not realising this violates the 2ND law of thermodynamics.

So you're just picking and choosing now?
>>
Honestly, the Christian God makes more sense than most "researchable" sciences.
>>
>>8714468
>So you're just picking and choosing now?
Don't all of us have only "opinions"?
Rather arrogant of anyone to deny any god rather than merely doubt it, based on their experiences. Especially when their god mostly screws people who are disbelievers: But they don't say anything about doubters. Besides, they sing of their wretchedness, so how bad can a doubter be?
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 251x201px
>>8714468
>he believes that current ageing is the slowest rate of entrophy possible
>he can't comprehend that while entrophy will always occur, it can potentially occur slowly enough that a human will outlive a sun
>he can't comprehend that with biological replication of human organs entrophy can be reversed by substitution

Where is your data for these claims that we can't achieve functional immortality?
>>
>>8714689
Because he feeeeels it maaaan...
>>
>>8714473
>Honestly, the Christian God makes more sense than most "researchable" sciences.

that's because you're to uneducated to understand it.

>>8714468
>there are people on this board that dismiss the idea of god but believe in immortality

you're an idiot
>>
>>8714823
*too understand
and you called me stupid
>>
File: grammar_nazi.jpg (31KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
grammar_nazi.jpg
31KB, 600x450px
>>8714826
>>
>>8714826
*too uneducated to understand
Yes he did
>>
>>8714468
> my body is a closed system
So you're telling me that if I don't eat, I'll die? Whoa...
>>
>>8714473
You do realise that if a God existed, He would necessarily be mortal due to the aforementioned laws of thermodynamics?

Thus, how does an immortal being who completely flouts all the laws of physics make any more sense than empirical, reproducible data derived from stringent research?
>>
File: debate.jpg (74KB, 400x565px)
debate.jpg
74KB, 400x565px
>>8714826
>>
>>8714954
cuck
>>
>>8714832
>>8714846
>>8714954
ez
>>
>>8714468
>not realising this violates the 2ND law of thermodynamics.
Goddamnit is sci full of bait posts now.
>>
it doesn't violate the 2nd law because we're not a closed system. stop trying to sound smarter than you are and go learn something.
>>
>>8714468
No one is seriously considering forms of immortality the transcend the heat death of the universe. Beating aging is entirely plausible by most metrics, even if cancer always waits in the wings or brains ultimately fail to function. Immortality isn't the same as never dying, it just means we discard the hard time limit and physical decay we've labored under.
>>
File: 1473792820457.jpg (54KB, 566x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473792820457.jpg
54KB, 566x480px
>>8714689
>entrophy can be reversed by substitution
>>
File: 1459959884994.gif (1MB, 580x433px)
1459959884994.gif
1MB, 580x433px
>>8715680
>we're not a closed system
>>
File: image.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>8715789
>parts in a machine suffer entrophy due to heat, mechanical wear, etc
>"hurr durr, changing them out for a new part doesn't reset changes caused by entrophy"

You wut?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.