[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it better to study Math first, then Philosophy or vice versa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: thinker.jpg (212KB, 2106x1176px) Image search: [Google]
thinker.jpg
212KB, 2106x1176px
Is it better to study Math first, then Philosophy or vice versa for optimal results?
>>
File: 1429044041676.png (60KB, 360x259px) Image search: [Google]
1429044041676.png
60KB, 360x259px
>>
People tell me that it makes more practical sense to focus on maths first, as that seems to get harder for people to progress with as they get older. Having said that, I've seen a lot of harm being done by people who are good at maths but have clearly not spent enough time on moral philosophy.

I think that I would prioritise philosophy.
>>
>>8711987
This is dumb. The branches aren't that distinct and they frequently intersect.
>>
>>8711982
math first, that's what I did
>>
>>8711982
Both at the same time
>>
>>8711987
>sociology derives from physics

? ? ?
>>
It's better to never ever study philosophy
>>
>>8712417
This. Doing both at the same time will help you connect things that carry over to each discipline better.
>>
>>8711982
According to this site http://www.statisticbrain.com/iq-estimates-by-intended-college-major/ physics & astronomy are above them so I would just not study either of them.
>>
>>8712472
>I only care about appearing smarter than other people
>>
>>8712426

its sociology from psychology using your reasoning, but its really sociology physics if you want to be a pedantic fagg
>>
>>8712437
Only circle-jerking brainlets study philosophy
>>
>>8711987
This is too coarse and doesn't reflect how those fields truly interact.
>>
>>8711982
Do both at the same time? Also for the people talking shit about philosophy. Its the most useless education one can get, but the most useful knowledge one can obtain.

Don't go for one philosopher, use it instead as an opportunity to exposed to a diversity of thoughts.
>>
Philosophy helps you to understand humans you encounter in your lifetime. Math will help you learning other sciences.
So philosophy is pretty much gold. That's why philosophy is presented as useless. The more people get it, the smaller the influence of those that do
>>
>>8713060
>Do both at the same time?

Please do not talk like a tumblr person.

We are real human beans are, and real heros.
>>
>>8713839
Oh I forgot this is the autist board.
>>
>>8711982
>biology >evolution >ecology >Systems science >Network science >sociology >philosophy >Biosemiotics >synergetics >math >evo game theory >physics >chemistry
This is what I've done and of course it is all interconnected and doesn't follow this linear path, I'm well on my to becomeing the wizard supremio- master of life
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.