[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any actual advantages to using an e-reader compared

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: paperwhite_desktop_tile.jpg (73KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
paperwhite_desktop_tile.jpg
73KB, 750x750px
Are there any actual advantages to using an e-reader compared to a physical book? I've read that there are "studies" that show using physical books is actually better and makes you remember the order of things in a book, but it could be bullshit.

Which would you recommend? Or is it all subjective?
>>
>>8711919
there's only 1 (ONE) ebook reader of adequate size, and it cost like 1500$.

And still flipping through pages would take you forever. Also there's no color.

So for now books are better, unless weight is super-critical for you.
>>
>>8711919

e-reader can hold lots of books in a portable format.
>>
>>8711925
This, plus potential to make books with less potential to sell copies available less expensively.

But I hate reading from the damn things.
>>
>>8711924

Which e-reader is that?
>>
>>8711919
I have your pic related. It's convenient, portable, easy to read in sun light, creates no eye strain, has built-in google translate and wikipedia. But you just can't beat quickly flipping pages with your hand, leaving multiple bookmarks, etc.
I prefer hardcovers at home and e-reader outside.
And yes, you kinda lose that feeling of order.
I also prefer hardcovers if it's math/physics book (you need to keep that feeling of order for these)
And e-reader over hardcovers if it's a book in foreign language (built in dictionary, google translate, and wikipedia are really useful)
Hope it helps.
>>
>>8711958
Agree.
If I want to read a novel like Dune or Solaris, an e-reader is the better choice.
Physical book is better for textbook due to the navigation. They are fucking expesive though and books you get from the library can't be highlighted.
>>
>>8711929
I think he's talking about the Sony ePaper 13in e reader
Fuck, I want one to read textbook pdfs on
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.