[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I had this really big argument with a friend of mine yesterday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (12KB, 263x192px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 263x192px
So I had this really big argument with a friend of mine yesterday and it got me wondering: is it true that wi-fi signal and cell phone waves are bad for your health?
>>
>>8710333
if radio waves were harmful to humans we'd all be dead from a hell of a lot more things than cell phones and wi-fi
>>
>>8710340
well in the last years the rate of cancer grew a lot and this was mostly associated with cell phone usage, at least that's what some studies show
>>
>>8710348
I'm sure it has everything to do with harmless radio waves and nothing to do with the constantly rising rate of carcinogenic air pollution
>>
>>8710333
DUDE didnt u know that radio waves knock electrons off your atoms then theyre ions and shit gets real nasty tbhf
>>
>>8710361
you mean radioactive waves? bcz they create mutations by doing that
>>
a link has never been demonstrated in humans. There are lots of studies on cell cultures in specific conditions that are invariably trotted out on this board but none of them can be reasonably extrapolated to humans.
>>
>>8710333
"They don't ionize atoms so they're harmless and have no effect whatsoever!!!11" used to be conventional wisdom.

Except now it turns out there's some effect, after all:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3780531/

Here's a more readable paper on the topic.
https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/7521102473.pdf

Tl;dr It's possible. More research is needed, and soon.
>>
>>8710333
Yes. It is a major contributing factor to autism. But it's easier to blame vaccines and bad parenting. The plethora of radio waves ll around us is affecting all of us, making us more temperamental, anxious, etc.
>>
>>8710333
no it's not true.
>>
>>8710348
There are like 30 bajillion things you do during the day that are correlated with cancer. Eating packaged foods, being within 5 miles of someone smoking, being in the fucking sun for too long, even glancing at a screen of any kind, being anywhere near electronics, standing in the moonlight too long. Breathing outside whilst in a city with a factory. Owning a cat, the list goes on for shit that "might give you cancer".
>>
>>8710474
Phenomena observed in cell culture do not always translate well to human biology. Living organisms are tremendously complex systems with many mechanisms for recognizing and adapting to sources of damage.

Even if a biologically plausible mechanism can be demonstrated in vitro, that does not necessarily mean the effect is relevant to human health in vivo.
>>
It's bad for your posture, so from a purely osteopathic perspective, phones are cancer.
>>
Its possible, but we don't know.

Probably no though.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.