[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name one thing this guy has done that has improved humanity or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Stephen-Hawking-387288.jpg (42KB, 590x563px) Image search: [Google]
Stephen-Hawking-387288.jpg
42KB, 590x563px
Name one thing this guy has done that has improved humanity or even mattered.

Protip: you can't, and theorhetical physics of black holes is less important than even abstract mathematics.
>>
>>8710120
Nobody came up with anything. QED, theorhetical physics is the least useful study.
>>
>>8710120
Who claimed that he improved humanity?
What's the point of this thread?
>>
>>8710120
He diddled your mom
>>
File: HawkingMathProblem.png (271KB, 420x565px) Image search: [Google]
HawkingMathProblem.png
271KB, 420x565px
relevant excerpt from this paper
http://vixra.org/abs/1505.0131
>>
>>8710748
>science
>important or useful

Often its not, its pointless
>>
He got off with his nurse. That single act, even if he had only shagged her once, is of inestimable value to mankind. Especially those of us who wonder if we're ever going to get laid again.
>>
File: steven_hawking_small.jpg (8KB, 120x96px) Image search: [Google]
steven_hawking_small.jpg
8KB, 120x96px
>>8710120
He was pretty good on "Futurama.
>>
Played himself on Futurama.
>>
>>8711182
this, he's stopped countless numbers of burnt-out researchers from killing themselves with this single act. I think he deserves a Nobel for it
>>
>>8710120
>abstract mathematics
>>
File: human stupidity.jpg (603KB, 507x1869px) Image search: [Google]
human stupidity.jpg
603KB, 507x1869px
Reminds me
>>
>>8711660
Tldr everyone in that argument seems really stupid.
>>
>>8711660
Holy shit I'm embarrassed to share the same species as these people.

>>8710120
>muh practical value!

not everything has to be practical anon, some of the most interesting shit isn't.
>>
>>8711596
HAHAHA TOO SLOW.

>>8711660
Please, God, that is not real. Or if it is real, they are not serious.
>>
>>8710120
I don't really care if he improved humanity. Science is interesting and humanity can suck my balls.
>>
>>8710120
By way of boinking at least two women, he has proven that wheelchair-bound gimps can get away with being perverts, giving hope to the sexually frustrated.
>>
the point of basic scientific research is that we don't know if or when something will have practical value. It's about exploration, and the potential for improving humanity.
>>
>>8711127
Assumptions are fun!My first question totally implied that I'm on the same page with OP!Whatever, I'll take the bait.

I highly doubt that redefining theories like the BBT is benefitial for humanity in a measurable way as long as the theory will remain a theory.
Sure, he is contributing to the scientific community which is improving humanity when it comes to understanding the world around us, but having a direct impact on humanity is something different in my eyes.

I'm not well versed when it comes to his (actual) accomplishments, I think he proved that the universe has no boundaries and found a way to mathematically prove that black holes exist.I won't google shit to appear knowledgable in this case, I don't know shit about what he is doing other than it's related to astronomy/physics in general.

His discoveries will play a bigger role once mankind is able to actually travel "properly" through space, but the probability that his contributions will get altered / completely revamped or dismissed once the time is ripe is pretty high if you ask me (which would be a bad thing since I don't have actual knowledge about these topics)

Producing children is a more impactful way to "improve" humanity in a sense of enuring that this generation of imbeciles won't be the last one

I don't think this thread has any point or that Hawkings is esentially useless at all btw.
It is obvious that his presence benefitted knowledge of mankind and so on, but it would literally make no difference in our current normie life if we knew about black holes in the first place, because won't get directly endangered by black holes in the forseeable future.

You and our dear OP would improve humanity if you'd remove yourselves from the genepool.
>>
>>8712972
>You and our dear OP would improve humanity if you'd remove yourselves from the genepool.
I obviously forgot to include myself in there
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.