[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey yall, Currently I am building a new mod that i'm hoping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0843.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0843.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
hey yall, Currently I am building a new mod that i'm hoping to get 8.4v and 120 max amp draw, with 6 batteries rated at 4.2v and 40A each.
>see diagram
my biggest question is how big of a resistor should i use with my Mosfet? and feel free to double check my work; i want to be safe, and accurate.
>>
>>8709951
>AJ trying this hard
>>
>>8709951
Theory (aka wishful thinking):
>how big of a resistor?
divide voltage by current, 70 mΩ
Reality:
>4.2V
only at zero load
>195A
for a microsecond?

RTFDATASHEETS
>>
>>8709951
emf of batteries?
>>
>>8710160
batteries
>>
>>8710163
mhmm the internal resistance should be labeled on the battery, as it is on most..

confused?
>>
>>8710156
why 4.v in reality? didn't i wire the batteries in series parallel?
>>
>>8710168
lol misread "of" as "or"https://www.amazon.com/O-B18650-40R-Battery-2600mAh-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B01NAPANA1/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1488271610&sr=8-2&keywords=vape+batteries

here's the link to the batteries, no mention of internal resistance will look more
>>
>>8710172
>https://www.amazon.com/O-B18650-40R-Battery-2600mAh-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B01NAPANA1/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1488271610&sr=8-2&keywords=vape+batteries

No worries. I dont want to spend the time doing you're problem, but you'll need to know the internal resistance as it will affect overall current and voltage outputs..
>>
>>8710175

Looks like you'll have to figure it out with a multimeter using the ohm setting or with a circuit and known resistor value.

http://physicsnet.co.uk/a-level-physics-as-a2/current-electricity/electromotive-force-and-internal-resistance/
>>
from looking around some, a typical internal resistance is ~35mR
>>
>>8710191
then kirkoff's laws and basic series and prallel circuit physics should make this an easy problemo. Cept your unknown is a resistance in series and not a total resistance.
>>
>>8710201
the functioning part of the circuit has a resistance of .07 (a hypothetical low) but in average use will be .1 ohms
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.