[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it ever possible to have a job just researching w/e you want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1483342162311.png (224KB, 447x489px) Image search: [Google]
1483342162311.png
224KB, 447x489px
is it ever possible to have a job just researching w/e you want without any deadlines or constraints?

i value knowledge, and i also value my quality of life from a financial and health aspect. with this in mind, i wanted to know what would be the ultimate equilibrium for me. iirc some mathfag once said that some Researcher only came in once a week, wrote a portion of a paper they were working on, and then left to do some skiing. how does one get this gig? what are the requirements and chances?
>>
>>8709560
Basically the amount of work you would need to do to get to this point would exceed the effort you would expend getting a 'normal' science job (which is still very hard.)

I'm an optimist by nature, but you're describing is a pipe dream.
>>
>>8709578
i've done labour work before going to university. i just don't want to experience the hardships that gave me forever. i know it shaped me into a better person that knows how to handle a task and boss, but i want to go up a ladder. just not a corporate one where workload increases. i want to push my intellectual limits without anything to abate me.
>>
>>8709560
That guy was probably born rich as fuck. There's nothing you can do OP
>>
>>8709595
why would one have to be rich?
>>
>>8709755
>money for medical tools and funding falls out of the sky
>>
>>8709560
Become a tenured professor. I mean, theoretically you should work more than that, but what are they going to do about it?
>>
>>8709560
>Find a job that pays well, not your hobby
>Save money, invest, built passive income
>Your free time spend on gaining knowledge
>Repeat step 2 and 3 for up to 10 years

Congratulations, you have gained your valued knowledge and you now have no deadlines or constraints.
>>
>>8709560
Become a farmer
Become self sufficent and obtain the resources to do whatever research you want
>>
>>8711252
being a farmer is a 24 hour job.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.