[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the most effective (and scientifically proven) techniques

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Panic+attack_d638df_5296555.png (28KB, 500x179px) Image search: [Google]
Panic+attack_d638df_5296555.png
28KB, 500x179px
What are the most effective (and scientifically proven) techniques for overcoming/taking control of Panic Attacks?
I would love to have control over my life again. I'd love to catch and control the bad thoughts early and stop the excessive worry in my life.

can you stop rumination in its tracks ?
>>
Are you doing daily aerobic exercises. That's step 1. Do you take caffeine? If you do, don't do that.
>>
The best way to treat a panic attack is to remove yourself from the environment that it started in. Of course, most panic attacks occur as a result of being unable to exist your current environment.
>>
>>8709103
Calm down.
>>
>>8709112

i have been slowly trying to get back into it.
I was a bike courier biking 40-80km a day at least (3-4 days a week) last year, and even when i was working that job the physical exercise didn't seem to make too much of a difference. It definitely helped a little but I was still having debilitating panic attacks at times.

>>8709121

It seems it can arise regardless of environment, of course if i feel an attack coming on when i'm in a social environment like a club or music venue leaving and getting fresh air helps.

thanks for the replies.
>>
File: justburself.png (48KB, 502x182px) Image search: [Google]
justburself.png
48KB, 502x182px
>>8709103
Calm down!
>>
I get panic attacks. Eventually I calm down but I think about what happened and how I could have handled it better, and I get another panic attack thinking about it. I can't even tell anybody I have panic attacks because thinking about it too much will trigger one. Is this PTSD?
>>
Meditate
>>
Breath into a paper bag when it's actually happening.

To avoid panic attacks you probably need lifestyle changes and I have no way of telling you anything specific.
>>
>>8709103
>Roko's Basilisk

Beta blockers. They're a stand-up performer's best friend.
>>
>>8709208
Ive read up a bit on beta blockers. Do you think they would be better to have on hand than benzos in case a panic attack arises?
>>
>>8709305

Beta blockers are relatively safe, just don't go to sleep right after you take a bunch. They're fast acting, too.
>>
>>8709103
you need to learn how to control yourself so that you're actually able to calm down like a normal person

depending on what's wrong with you this could be "just relax", psychologist, psychiatrist, etc etc
>>
>>8709103
i am very calm and controlled, but actually had a kind of panic attack a couple months ago

i had like 7 days booked solid with many responsibilities and started to freak out thinking about it all

now that it has happened like twice in my life i know that if it happens again not to let it fuck with me. i mean, things worked out the other times
>>
>>8709322
Hey thanks for the response, and i totally agree about self control. I have learned a lot over the past few years in regards to controlling myself, i still tend to freeze up and not do anything when having a panic attack, but im not sure whether thats because i have control or if its just that paralyzing.
>>
>>8709103
Drugs, diversions, stupid hobbies, make-belief love and then divorce.
Some people can go back to being oblivious (out of it). Or mostly in and out (bipolar). Some of us never forget the danger we're in, every moment of our days.
Mine were at night. I take sleeping pills.
>>
>>8709312
why what happens?
>>
Klonopin. It's a miracle drug. But it's very addictive.
>>
is Mindfulness Meditation a meme? or no?
>>
>>8711653
I know it lowers stress in general so it might help with panic attacks. Doesn't hurt to try it out.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.