[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can you compress a liquid so much that the molecules can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: ice.gif (32KB, 228x228px) Image search: [Google]
ice.gif
32KB, 228x228px
can you compress a liquid so much that the molecules can't move around

like it would be if they're absolute zero but there's still liquid temperature

or if you had two liquids they could never mix and they'd be like two liquid blocks

and you release pressure temperature ricochets back

and they turn into blocks of steam

then you have two blocks of steam but not compressed together

temperature rebounds back to normal and they fall into liquid again, as in normal liquid
>>
>>8706766
look up zero point energy, tard.
>>
>>8706779
/thread
sage
>>
>>8706766
Well you can compress a liquid so much that the molecules move very little. We call this form of matter a solid.

/thread
>>
>>8706766
Yeah I bet you could do it with little brass valves too.
>>
>>8706766
>two liquid blocks
>absolute zero
>not understanding the ideal gas law
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 60106939.jpg (29KB, 211x238px) Image search: [Google]
60106939.jpg
29KB, 211x238px
>>8706766
>>
>>8706766
In the centre of the flat Earth of the sphere, iron is both solid and liquid but mainly solid because iron it a metal.
>>
>>8707824
i've seen some iron, there is no way that shit is liquid
that's as bad as saying glass is a liquid

iron is solid, go and find some, take a look for yourself
>>
File: 1-cast-iron.jpg (28KB, 400x313px) Image search: [Google]
1-cast-iron.jpg
28KB, 400x313px
>>8708136
>i've seen some iron, there is no way that shit is liquid
>>
File: IMG-20160620-WA0000.jpg (26KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160620-WA0000.jpg
26KB, 500x375px
Compress liquid? ...
>>
File: 31ZLpSumsdL._SY300_.jpg (4KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
31ZLpSumsdL._SY300_.jpg
4KB, 300x300px
>>8706766
>can you compress a liquid so much that the molecules can't move around
Yes OP, you can. I have such a device that allows you to do that right here. It allows for the storage of a liquid in a certain shape to allow for compression, you only need to put it inside of a sub-freezing point container.
>>
>>8706766
Yes. When you compress something, it's freezing point goes up; eventually, you compress it so hard that it can't stay liquid anymore. You can freeze water into ice both by lowering the temperature, or increasing the pressure.
>>
>>8708144
did you take that picture? no. it's just something you found on the internet
>>
>>8706766

> can you compress a liquid so much that the molecules can't move around

No

That would take all the energy in the universe

The long story shot is because it would break thermodynamics otherwise
>>
>>8708243
At high enough pressures water is compressible.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.