[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear medfags and mathfags, Is it better to brush one's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Dear medfags and mathfags,

Is it better to brush one's teeth vigorously for a shorter period of time, or softly for a longer period of time?
What mechanisms are at work here, in relation to both dental caries and gum health, to establish what is "better" ?
How best could this be modelled mathematically?

Thanks,
Curious troublemaker.
>>
>>8706270
I was going to reply to your question but your

>Thanks,
>Curious troublemaker.

made me realize you're a huge faggot and that I don't want to help you.
>>
>>8706270
interested, bump
>>
>>8706270
Plaque is just biofilms of bacteria. They aren't that resilient so soft brushing is sufficient to get rid of them. Hard brushing will damage your gums and start to remove the outer enamel layer. If you asked a dentist, that's what they would say more or less.
>>
>>8706270
Toothpaste is both soap and fluorine ions in suspension. Read the ingredients and do some research.
>>
>>8706285
Tooth... paste?
I brush my teeth with a bit of rope. Does me just fine.
>>
>>8706270
do the virgins in /sci/ even know what brushing teeth is?
>>
trivial power function f(x) = x where the y axis is bleeding from your gums and the x axis is how hard you're brushing them

t. medicine
>>
>>8706270
Dentist here.
Bottom line of excessive brushing will cause enamel abrasion,erosion, and hyperemia witch causes pain on everything while having no visible damage.
Brushing vigorously would do more dame at any time because the heat released damages the pulp and enamel directly.

glhf
>>
>>8707851
>more damage*
my keyboard is acer.
>>
>>8706270
I've read that putting lots of chemicals into your mouth--from strangers you've never met--is GOOD for you. Apparently, we are too special to clean out teeth with physical effort; let the chemicals do the work for you. Don't worry, the ceos of colgate and all the rest are honorable men and they would never lie for profit; they would never use cheaper but more toxic chemicals in their product. They're stand-up, do-right kind-of-guys. You can trust what they say. They earned their money honestly: same as putin, duterte and all the other busyness and government ceos. You wonder why you make so little progress in your sci fields: because when they open their mouth it's lies.
>>
>>8708024
There are chemicals RIGHT NOW in your body
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.