[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long story short; I failed math since the 9th grade of high school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 11188fgff.jpg (203KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
11188fgff.jpg
203KB, 640x640px
Long story short; I failed math since the 9th grade of high school because I didn't care. And my brain got even lazier since. But today I read something about algorithms and looked them up on wikipedia and somehow I got really REALLY interested.

So it's time for me to start over with math. Where do I go online? and what do I start with? I'm looking for sites, tutorials, anything really.

Where would YOU got to on the internet if you woke up with only your multiplication tables and a suddenly obsessive and unexplained desire to crush numbers?
>>
http://www.nami.org/Find-Support/Living-with-a-Mental-Health-Condition/Finding-a-Mental-Health-Professional

it doesnt have to be like this. you CAN live a happy life without math if youd just give it a chance
>>
File: 1452866156385.jpg (130KB, 640x854px) Image search: [Google]
1452866156385.jpg
130KB, 640x854px
I can't stress enough that I'm not trolling. It's 8:30 am here and I woke up with nothing else going on and bizarrely motivated. I'm just looking to learn.
>>
File: 1481199113122.jpg (2MB, 1801x1201px) Image search: [Google]
1481199113122.jpg
2MB, 1801x1201px
I understand nothing about math and I do algorithm research for a living. You're gonna be alright.
>>
>>8705900
is that the beer they drink in straya
>>
File: 1477563923631.jpg (63KB, 650x732px) Image search: [Google]
1477563923631.jpg
63KB, 650x732px
>>8705927

VB? some do, mostly in Melbourne. I quit drinking a couple weeks ago. maybe that's got something to do with all this.
>>
If you want to learn maths from the ground up, a good place to start would be Khan Academy. Paul's Online notes are also worth checking out.

Good luck anon, keep up the enthusiasm.
>>
>>8705879
wait a week and see if you still feel like it.
obsession will fade quickly, dont waste your time on a whim.
>>
>>8705900
I> nothing else going on and bizarrely motivated.
ADHD? It's the latest fad, just everyone has to have it; to be cool.
>>
File: 1461569000402.jpg (57KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1461569000402.jpg
57KB, 600x450px
>>8705981

I'm checking them out now. Thanks mate.
>>
>>8705879
Came to this board for the first time in recent history and saw this thread and I also got motivated to learn maths (Though I have been for a while but didn't have the time to pursue it).

I was so intensely disappointed to discover this board is as full of pretentious scumbags like most other boards. Particularly the replies here reminded me of /pol/

Good luck with your search and someone please tag my post also if you have useful links

>>8705889
>>8706007
Should be ashamed of themselves.

>>8705901
Not productive because he doesn't do what you do for a living.

My story is that I went to a working class secondary school and my maths teacher was a 7 foot tall rugby playing bully who preferred to berate people rather than teach and another teacher I had read magazines instead of teaching.
>>
>>8705981
>>8706034
Wow I didn't even see your post. Those are good vibes, thanks for the help
>>
>>8706034
Fuck off, I told him to wait a week, I'm not obligated to cheer on every manic episode.

>>8706012
Fuck you too, ADHD is pretty fucking real, I'd rather amputate my left leg than losing access to meds. Have some fucking empathy, do you think I pretend to have ADHD because "it's in"?? Really?
>>
>>8706034
>useful links
If you insist
https://google.com
https://en.wikipedia.org/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motivation

Because if you actually have the motivation to learn that shit you wouldnt be asking to be spoon fed on a math discussion board. You literally want someone to hold your hand and tell you it;'s going to be alright but it's really UP TO YOU to grab life by the horns and do what you want despite the little road bumps along the way.

There's your useful information.
>>
>>8706061
You aren't employed on this board you don't have to reply.
>>8706064
Yeah I'm actually successful in life I just wanted some links that other people found useful when in the same shoes. We are trying to learn the optimal or most popular online grassroots maths courses, for example >>8705981
Paul's online notes is a very useful resource people possibly wouldn't be able to find.
>>
>>8706061
Also
>FUCK OFF I'm not obligated to cheer on every manic episode
>Have some fucking empathy
>>
>>8706131
Okay, go for it anon, I'm sure this will lead to all your problems magically disappearing. You will surely use your newfound love for mathematics to change everything, but be quick, you have to do it right now, you really don't have time to make sure it's genuine or something that will wear off.

Is that what you want? Insincere enthusiasm?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.