[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Math pleb who's trying to wrap his head around the infinity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Pi-symbol.svg.png (63KB, 2000x1935px) Image search: [Google]
Pi-symbol.svg.png
63KB, 2000x1935px
Math pleb who's trying to wrap his head around the infinity of π here.

Can any combination of numbers occur within it or are there restrictions? Because if anything goes doesn't that means at some point there is a near infinite string of 0s. Like graham's number amount of 0s for every digit that came before it, which would render anything that comes after it basically meaningless.
>>
>>8701733
we don't know which combinations can occur in it
the second question is silly,if you're interested in an infinite expansion, any finite number of 0s is super small in comparison
>>
>>8701741

>any finite number of 0s is super small in comparison

Yeah, true. My line of thought was flawed.

>a near infinite string of 0s

That's bullshit. You're completely right, as long as it's finite it pales in comparison to infinite. Thanks.
>>
>>8701749
anything "near-infinite" is just finite and meaningless in comparison
>>
File: 1487137574140.jpg (360KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1487137574140.jpg
360KB, 680x680px
faggots!

learn to count in dozenals!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6xJfP7-HCc
>>
>>8701776

my only objection is that the symbols used dont fit in with the others.

5/[math]\xi[\math] are greek letters
>>
>>8701733
Any combination can occur, but the 'how' and 'when' of said occurrence is the problem most have an issue with. A lot of mathematicians keep thinking in destinations and not journeys.

It's the difference between a relative and an absolute starting point. The combination 12345 does not start at the beginning of Pi, but it would eventually occur and be surrounded by a myriad of other patterns/variations.

Think of it more like every irrational number is simply a different starting point for a recursive infinity.
>>
To me it sounds like you're trying to understand irrational numbers. (Take a intro to analysis course in College)

Or, watch Kahn Academy for proofs that the sqrt of any prime is irrational.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_number
>>
pi=2, dood.
>>
>>8702060
shut the fuck up, christ. don't confuse people.
>>
>>8703372

>The number π is a mathematical constant, the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter

Pi is a pie

r+r+r = 1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 = 3/3 = 0+1

the ratio's between 0 and 1 in a circle.
>>
>>8702332
>it took 7 posts to get here
>people are still rambling on after this
>there's a schitzo rambling on about something that hasn't even been proven true yet
I hate how /sci/ is always like this. M. Fractals finally stops posting and another loony takes his place.

Also, I think this explains it a bit better: http://mathworld.wolfram.com/NormalNumber.html
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.