[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of the possibility of humans living to ages

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
What do you think of the possibility of humans living to ages of a couple hundred years old?

What problems do you think would arise in society?

Do you think this will happen? Ocer what time span?
>>
>>8696389
aubrey is based

based

based I say
>>
Based Aubrey
>>
>>8696389
Yes we will have indefinite life spans in 20 years give or take 5 years, maybe even early with AI assisted research. What problems will occur? wew lad.
>>
What relevance would doubling the lifespan have?
>>
File: 1474172823725.jpg (61KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1474172823725.jpg
61KB, 600x450px
You see these humans want to live on as cyborgs of some sort

But the one thing they will never want to part with is there psyche

The psyche is a dangerous thing
>>
>>8696685
>their
typo
>>
>>8696389
IF space travel is a thing you can just keep cruising the stars till you run out of fuel to burn.

>Tfw 20,000 year old space wizard.
>>
Took a break from /sci/ for a while and there were always a ton of transhuman/longevity threads. Now there are barely any. Thoughts on that?
>>
>>8697064
there still are, you probably just remember a time period when some relevant paper came out and the media exploded and so did threads on /sci/ about immortality
>>
What bothers me is that simple dietary changes can already increase life expectancy, but people rather have some quick fix: swallow some pill or get fixed otherwise while continueing to smoke, drink and eat greasy food and so on and so on
>>
>>8696389
Well, it happened before and it will happen again. Whether you believe it or not. There are records of people living up to 8 or 9 hundred years old.

I don't know what effects it had on our society in the past, unfortunately.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.